six

Luke's POV

She said yes! Thank god. We agreed to have her text her brother, and let him know she was going to a friend's house, after school. Anushka rode the bus home with me, and I told her about my house, and my three other siblings, whom she was pretty excited to meet. Once we arrived, all of us hopped off and the elevator is where she really got to meet all of them.

"Oh, these are my siblings. Zuri, Ravi, and Emma, but in sure you've seen her around."

"Hi, guys. I'm Anushka." She said shyly, which was pretty cute. Zuri was the first to speak up, mostly because she interrupted Emma before she could say anything,

"Luke has been talking about you non-stop. Also, when you start getting into a relationship, check for cameras in your room, he does that to our nanny."

"Anushka? Is that Indian? What part of India are you from? I'm also Indian, from the north– Mumbai." Ravi chimed in, making her smile and wave.

"It is, I'm from the north too, Pune." She responded.

   "Oh, Marathi?"

"Yes. My last name is Rao."

My brother and my crush were bonding pretty well, which was a good sign.  Emma then squeaked, interrupting Ravi and Anushka's little conversation, pointing at Anushka's shoes.

"O-M-G! I love your shoes! Where did you get them?"

   "Oh, thanks. You'll have to ask my brother, he got them as a birthday gift."

I looked down at her feet as well, chuckling to myself, "you have really tiny feet." I pointed out, making her blush.

  "Don't judge me. They're genetic."

Soon, we all reached and stepped out of the elevator. I watched as Anushka took a look around, mumbling a 'wow' under her breath. She and Zuri began chatting it up, while I rushed into the kitchen to tell Jessie. She was sitting on the dining table, sipping some coffee and reading a book when I came in, making her turn her head and look up at me.

"Hey, Luke! Did you ask her?"

   "Yeah, I did, and she's here-"

"She is! I wanna meet her."

   "Wait, wait. Please don't embarrass me! I really want to make a good impression."

"Please, when have I ever embarrassed you?"

"Jessie... if I told you all the times you have, we'd be here for a long time.."

I then led her out of the kitchen and into the living room, where Anushka and Emma were sitting on the couch and talking about something. My sister was holding her tablet and showing my crush all these new trends, and surprisingly, Anushka liked them. I liked how well she was fitting with my siblings, which gave me ideas about our wedding— wait, let's not think too far ahead. Jessie walked up and I introduced her to Anushka, letting them both mingle for a few minutes before I quickly stole her away for our movie night.

"Come on, my dad got us an exclusive copy of the new Paranormal Activity." I said, my hand placed on the small of her back as I led her in and sat her down.