thirteen

Luke's POV 

I wanted to kiss her. Sure, it would be a bit early, but I didn't care. I just wanted to kiss her, every time she laughed at a joke or a comment I made, I just wanted to scoop her up and kiss her, but I stopped myself because I didn't want to scare her away. I walked home after dropping her off and walked in to see Emma and her friend on the couch, painting each other's nails. 

"Luke! Zuri is looking for you." Emma piped up when she heard the chime from the elevator doors.

I frowned and walked upstairs, seeing Zuri just walk out of her room, and upon seeing me, she smirked and opened the door to her room, as if she were showing me something, so I leaned in and looked into the room, seeing a little pink table with chairs, and I knew what was coming.

"Zuri, aren't you too old for tea parties?"

   "Aren't you too old for Kenny the Koala?"

"Fair enough. Is this what you want me to do?"

   "Yes, but there's a little surprise, come in."

Making a confused face, I followed my younger sister into her bedroom, closing the door behind me like she instructed me to. I stood there in the middle of my sister's room and watched as my sister walked over to a closet about as tall as her, pulling out two colorful dresses and matching tiaras. I knew for a fact that Zuri didn't dress up and have tea parties on a daily basis, but since I made such a desperate deal with her to avoid getting grounded, she had the power to create any scenario where she could tell me what to do and hold the deal over me to force me to do it. This would be a long day. 

Anushka's POV 

I had to tell my brother about us. 

If Anwaar found out about me and Luke from something bad, like catching us making out at the park or him sneaking into my bedroom in the middle of the night. It would not end well, so I needed to tell my brother and have Luke come over and formally meet him. I walked into my apartment and flopped over on the couch next to my brother. He hummed in greeting and shut his laptop, setting it aside.

"Hey kiddo."

   "Hm."

"What's up?"

   "Hmm."

"Sorry, ma'am, I don't speak hum."

   "I'm dating Luke." I said suddenly, sitting myself up to see his expression as the words left my mouth. Admittedly, it was very unreadable, I couldn't tell if he was sad, or shocked, or annoyed, or mad, or even happy. I couldn't tell.

"Is that so?" He finally spoke, his voice very fake and cold.

   "Yes, but please don't be mad. I want him to come over for dinner, so you guys actually get to know each other, please."

"Hm."

I sat there, seeing him adjust uncomfortably in his seat at my request. Anwaar was never one to back off of someone he doesn't like right off the bat. He hates being wrong.

   "Sorry sir, but I don't speak hum."

A smile grew on my brother's face as I repeated his earlier comment, and he relaxed as he finally nodded. I cheered and threw my arms around him, pulling my brother in a tight hug befpre letting go and bouncing in my spot.

"Okay, okay, but if he tries any kind of funny business, he's out."

   "Deal, I'll let him know."