nine

Luke's POV

"O-M-GEEEEE!" Emma squealed as she rushed into the dining room, her sparkly phone in her hand. She sat down and looked right at me as I munched on my eggs, with one eyebrow raised. "You and Anushka are totes trending!!"

"What? What are talking about?"

"Yesterday, before school, I was taking a quick video of myself to show how great that treatment worked on my hair, and you guys must have been in the background, because when I posted it, there were literally thousands of comments on the cute couple in the distance, which was you two! Now, everyone on Flitter and Facepage are calling you 'hashtag, relationship goals!'"

I stared at my sister with a confused face during the entire story. Irritated, Emma typed something in on her phone and then showed it to me. It was the video, but someone seemed to edit it to zoom in on me and Anushka in the back. It showed how I ran behind a shy Anushka and tickled her by surprise. Now, I understood, but shrugged nevertheless.

"What are you shrugging about? You guys are a couple icon!"

   "Yeah, except we're not actually a couple." I clarified, making Emma's excited face morph into a disappointed one.

"Don't you plan on asking her out soon?"

   "I do, but you told me not to rush it."

"Well, she seems into you. Give it a shot."

I furrowed my eyebrows for a moment, but nodded and stood up, brushing against Bertram as I walked out of the kitchen to get ready for school. Once ready, all of us headed into the elevator, and on our way down, I couldn't stop thinking about the number of people that must have seen Emma's video, for Anushka and I to go viral. Does she know? What does she think? Will she be avoiding me because of it? Suddenly, Ravi spoke, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Luke, have you decided when you'll profess your love to Anushka?"

   "Not really, why?"

"I just think you should make a move, before it is too late."

   "You're probably right..."

"Best of luck, brother."

I nodded my head and chuckled as we exited the elevator, going off to board the bus. Soon enough, she reached school, and as soon as I stepped down from the bus, I saw her standing and waiting for me. It was sweet. Her face brightened up and she smiled as I waved at her, and I made my way over, wrapping my arm around her shoulders casually.

"Hey! Good morning." She chirped.

"Morning, cuteness."

"Whoa, you're being weird."

"I'm just in a good mood."

"Can I ask why?"

"Yes, and because I'm going to ask out the prettiest girl in the school."

I looked down at her to see a rather amused face and a raised eyebrow, which made me laugh. I rubbed her shoulder and then let go to hold the door open for her as she walked in. The day went on as usual; first period, walk her to second, walk her to third, meet Octavia, meet her after lunch, etc, etc. Nothing new happened. That was good, because I was saving the best part for last.

Eventually, school was out, after a long, boring day, and I met up with Anushka again in the hallway. Without saying much, I took her by her wrist and took her outside, where kids were pouring out of the doors. I found a spot with the least amount of noise and had her stand in front of me. Anushka looked up at me like I was some alien, which was understandable, but I took a deep breath, seeing my siblings out of the corner of my eye.