Author's Note

Author's note: Please, 'like' my FB page for awesome writing competitions and wonderful prizes! https://www.facebook.com/KatRuby92/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel  

Hi, Hello,

my lil' kitties and welcome to my Author's note! 

1.Okay, so, this story is basically dedicated to everyone who were/are bullied, it was supposed to have some sort of meaning - never give up. I hated when people took bullying, anorexia and self harm so lightly - oh, if you hurt yourself, you're emo - if you're being bullied you should try to fit in - the only reason she's not eating it's because she wants to be like those girls in the magazines... Simply not true and ignorant. 

These problems are not to be taken lightly, and I always hated those - self help books - telling you - find help, stick up for yourself, make decisions, have some self-esteem...They made all this seem hard. And just like...a manual how to live your life like everybody else, you know? So, I decided to write a story, that kind I would like to read when I was younger, roaming the school library, finding comfort in books. You need something to make you feel, not just some textbook telling you what to do and how to act. 

If you're not fitting in, then you were born to stand out. 

2. Some facts about the story:

- There is a lot of quotes, some are from Shakespeare, Voltaire, Thackeray, even Kurt Cobain... 

- I used quotes from Gossip Girl as well, though I didn't watch it...until now. I realized I could've easily use some other quotes too. xD 

- And of course the song Blackbird from the Beatles. It holds a very special meaning in this story - a song Lucas's mother sang to him as a lullaby, Lucas's tattoo, and of course the last sentence in the book: We'll just take these broken wings and learn to fly

- Skye is a character who changed the most through the story, as she should. I didn't want to keep her as a mumbling, shy, scared little girl, so I gave her some strength at the end. She was never meant to stay the same. Neither did Lucas, he is young, but he seems really grown up...and that is because the death of a parent changes you. It makes you stronger in a way. More...grown up. And there is of course her mother with OCD. I wanted to portray Skye's background, give her some sort of...story behind all that shyness.

3. Loose ends. 

Yes, there are some loose ends, but that's the way I like it. I never liked a story that was completely resolved at the end...So what happened with Jimmy, did he remember? Skye's dad? Lucas's dad? Skye&Lucas's relationship? 

4. Which brings me to topic number four - the ending. Well, it was the most realistic happy-ever-after ending I could give them. I am not the one for cheesy endings like - they kissed and walked into the sunset - simply not my cup of tea. 

I think the ending is rather fitting, not too much, not too little. And for all who don't know - Lucas's happiest memory is when he was collecting seashells with his mother, that's why Skye decided to take him to the beach. 

5. The BIG question - Will there be a sequel? 

I am not a fan of epilogues (except the Harry Potter one), so perhaps a sequel seems better to me. Now, I'm not saying I'll start writing the sequel right now, maybe in a few months, right now I would like to focus on some of my other works, like - NOT ALL SONGS WERE MEANT FOR DANCING, which is basically a Young Adult fiction, yes it has romance, it has twists, different characters, it's not as deep and dark as this one, but...Well, I do hope you give it a chance, like you did with DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, and join me on that journey as well. 

I really appreciate all the comments, the votes, the follows, the recommendations from you guys...You brought the story to where it is now. I hope you stay with me, give a chance to my other works. Thank you so much. 

Also, because Wattpad recently changed the rating system, I couldn't quite get as 'naughty' as I wanted in the chapter - Rose Petals, that's why I decided to create a special book with outtakes from all my stories that are considered R rated, and putting them into an R rated book called - DIRTY BITS - when I create it  I will post the link here : -     http://www.wattpad.com/story/12216657-dirty-bits                                                                                       -

If you have any questions about the story, the characters, you can ask me in a comment, or on my twitter account - https://twitter.com/KatRubyTramell 

I have nothing but love for all of you! =^.^= 

xoxo, 

Katarina