My Friend with Benefits Stole My Heart - Chapter 8

I'm really so very sorry. I hope that mad sense, but anyways I worked on this chapter for a long time while I was off so show your love by voting and commenting! :D It's not edited properly either..

Holy crap! What did I just do?! I was having a  tiny panic attack in my head. Axel, however, looked like a steamed vegetable. If his face could get any redder, he'd be a ripe tomato.

Neither of us dared to speak. Instead, Axel stared blankly at me after he cooled down. Feeling as though I couldn't look him in the eyes, I peered behind him and saw a huge line appearing. 

"So now that it's out in the open, what would you like to eat?"

He stared, yet again, blankly at me as if I was transparent.

"Order already!" an impatient customer boomed seeming to startle Axel. 

"I'm not that hungry anyways," he breathed under his breath then walked outside.

Hours later I was released from my prison. Then it hit me. Axel didn't want me in the first place, but now he can't stand the thought that someone has what he can't. 

Huh. I'll make him want me. 

Axel Wheartherly is gonna be pounding down my door. 

*

He wrapped his strong muscular arms around my curvy waist. I felt so safe and secure like nothing could touch me or wreak havoc on this picture perfect moment. Our bodies swayed to music only we could hear.  

My brain had now registered that we were in a park with happiness blossoming from every corner. Families hugging lovingly, lovers kissing and animals playing childishly. This is a sight to behold. Maybe there is a heaven on earth. I turned to face him. His eyes sparkled, catching the light just right, and he's content as I am.

  ''I love you, babe,'' he announced.

  ''I love you too.''

With a great force, I had the wind knocked out of me.

Did I mean it? Did I actually like, let alone love, him? Deciding to leave my worries behind, I relaxed against the carpet.

"Hey carpet. Long time no see. How have you been?"

I stared shocked.

"You've got twins? Aw, that's amazing."

"Lucy stop talking to the carpet and get ready for school or else I'm gonna cut you," mom's voiced echoed  sweetly of the walls.

I grabbed my blue leggings and a long almost see through white top with gold spikes and Mr. Beanie! Making Axel want me will have to take a rain-check . Being comfy is soooo much better.

The Making Axel Want Me Plan will be coming soon to a theater near you.

Why do I patronize myself? 

I soon emerged fully dressed with the exception of my bare feet. Upon entering the kitchen my poor heart spasm. 

A buffet fit for a queen, who I'm guessing is me, held center stage on the island. Is this a practical joke? Did someone break into my house and actually cook?

I approach my breakfast and saw a pink piece of folded paper. It read: 

Got an early client today and running late. Sorry I didn't say bye. Love you, honey - Mom

What have they done to my Mom? Not that I'm complaining or anything. That instant, Fountainhead by Hands Like Houses, pierced the silence of the house signalling I received a new message. Being the lazy bum I know I am I skipped straight to the message not taking time to look who sent it.