My Friend with Benefits Stole My Heart - Chapter 2

Poke

Trying to sleep here!

Poke Poke

Ignore it. It'll go away

Poooookkkkkkeeeee

"Why?"

 Let's not waste my energy and open my eyes. I'll be knocked out sooner or later.

"I need help," Axel's voice sounded like he was awake for some time.

"Are you in a gang. Do you need money?"

"Ummm. A quick one."

 My eyes opened. After adjusting to my dark room I flipped to face him. Did he really wake me up for that?

"Yes I did."

 He knew me so well. The moonlight cascaded through the crack in my curtains distracting me. My brown orbs followed the beams which lead back to Axel. I got lost in his deep blue eyes but as I predicted I fell back into a deep dreamless sleep.

*

 This morning bacon was my alarm. Groggily, I sat up and hurriedly did my morning routine. Mr. Bacon wasn't going to get away that easily.

"Morning, sunshine," said Axel.

Dare I say what I want to say? Ugh.

"Not even a glance? What crawled up your ass and died?"

"Your ding-dong so shut the hell up."

"No wonder I couldn't find it."

  My tummy growled. Skipping dinner was not worth it. Luckily, my personal magician conjured up and plate of warm crispy bacon. Yum.

"We need to get to school or else we'll be late," said Axel.

"Since when have you cared?"

"Since I'll get a detention, so move your pretty ass."

  By now I was no longer bitching about him calling me fat. He can be so insensitive sometimes but he keeps me level-head. I did as I was commanded and stood at the door frame, waiting, giving him the option to either get out or abandon him and throw away the key. He chose wisely and we got in his car.

  It was then I had finally stopped to marvel at his god-like features. His hair is midnight black. So black I almost mistook it for blue. From his hair I traveled down to his eyes that had put me in a trance the night before. The lighting was better hence I saw the grey specks in the sea of blue.

"What are you staring at?" Axel smiled showing off his dimple encrusted cheeks.

"Oh, nothing."

"And by the way you owe me one for last night."

  My mind raced back to hours before and I blushed a deep crimson red. Could he let me off the hook for once?

He smirked. Jesus take the wheel! Actually no. I'd rather have Axel right beside me.

  It wasn't a long drive to school and I was grateful. I felt awkward around him for the first in our non-platonic relationship. My heart began to race and I was concerned. What did it mean?

  Our first class was together. Personal Development was really a subject for sleep or unfinished homework.

  In class Axel and I sat side by side always playing games and shooting spit balls at each other. Ms. James slut strut her way in and the loud banter subsided. Don't let her name fool you. She's 25, single and desperate. Could she be Stephanie's mom? No, just no.