My Friend with Benefits Stole My Heart - Chapter 1

The sun's rays are evil.

  There. I said it. They were marching over my skin, warming me up. I honestly wasn't pleased. Could a girl sleep in late?!  Everything was a blur from me getting up to stepping foot in the shower. But then it hit me. Literally. The coldest water I've ever felt in my whole goddamn life.  

  After the shower, I will not soon forget, I grabbed a mint tank top, mint accessories and a mint and black Vans. Today, I felt minty. I then hopped and shimmied myself into a pair of black skinny jeans with a floral design.  

"Damn, I look good," I said while looking at my reflection in my full body mirror.

  I grabbed my phone, slung my backpack over my shoulder and skipped down the stairs. No one.

Sigh.  

  Mom wasn't home. She's probably still working her client. Hey, she maybe a stripper at night and a drunkard at day but she pays the bills and leaves extra. If this high school thing doesn't work out I know my spot would be waiting for me at the strip club. I grabbed a stale muffin and gnawed at it and washed it down with orange juice.   

Note to self : Thank mom for the delicious breakfast.  

Another Note to self : All this sarcasm is gonna make me bitter.  

  Oh, who am I kidding? Certainly not me. Out the door I went and said goodbye to my beige and brown home.  

"So long sucker!" with tongue out and everything.

  Farther down was a kind grandma's home. As I approached I plastered on my huge smile and raised my hand ready to wave.

 "Why hello darling," her shaking voice managed.  

"Hi Ms. Bennett,"  I smiled doing my world famous routine.  

"I see you're becoming a big girl now. It was only yesterday you were a baby."  

Chuckling I agreed and said " Have a good day!"  

  She really was kind when she wanted to be. My walk continued down the long, never ending road then I made a few turns and I had arrived. It was a lengthy walk, but I enjoyed my solitude in the early, crisp, morning air. Yay! High School : Where you are broken down mentally and verbally. The school's hallways were empty. The halls weren't as jam-packed as they should be. Something was totally wrong. 

"Charge!"  

Ambush! Hair went flying everywhere, bones were gonna be broken and I was fuming.  

"Who organized this?"

I was glaring daggers at my best-friends Amy, Jake and Kate.   

  Their fingers pointed, like dominoes falling, one after the other. I followed them and lo and behold my dear friend Axel was behind it all. That was easy.  

"Hey, beautiful,"  Axel cocked his head to the side, wrung his fingers and twisted his foot like a schoolgirl. 

I was immune to that line by now. Got my vaccine last month.   

"Hey yourself.  Any particular reason? No? Okay," I said, not waiting for a reply, but rather supplying one instead. 

  The next second I was screeching like a banshee on top of Axel. Let me tell you, Lucy wasn't in for it today. I was never, actually. Let me be biter and stale, thank you very much. Whoa! Did I just feel movement below me?!

  Looking down with pure playfulness I thought "Was he really grinding up against me?"

  He wasn't going to win. I grind back more forcefully and heard him groan. Ha! Time to move.  I outstretched my hands like wings and Amy and Kate helped me up.