My Friend with Benefits Stole My Heart - Chapter 5

Axel's P.O.V

 "Nurse! Help! Anyone!" I called desperately.

The heart monitor was going bat shit crazy and there was nothing I could do as I watched Lucy breathed harshly as her body thrashed around in the sheets and her skin become a sickening pale. I ran to the open door to shout again only to be shoved aside then out. I feverishly tried to open the door but it was shut from the inside. 

 Great.

I nervously paced the waiting room as the gang busted through the double doors. School had just finished. I stared with sorrow clouding my eyes seeing Amy's eyes water. We all took up positions of distress.

Lucy do me a favour? Be ok.

Lucy's P.O.V

So cold.

So frigidly cold.

I blinked and found myself submerged in crystal blue waters, so blue it stole my breath away. That's when I noticed. Panic began to rise and my heart was about to pound through my chest. My arms and feet began to work in unison but the water's grip on me is so strong. No longer was my heart ramming against my chest but in my throat threatening to spill out.

The water, as if it had an arm, grabbed my ankle and writhed thrashing me around violently. Is this a nightmare or... reality?

I'm afraid I'm missing a few screws.

My body was being dragged to the ocean's floor as I thought this yet the longer I was being thrashed and pulled the more I thought they would never find my corpse.I struggled and struggled but apparently these arms lifted weights as they held me in place.

Everything is so vivid and realistic. A shiver went up my spine sending an involuntary quiver to quake my body.

A sliver of light shone and I would have done a cartwheel if I wasn't being manhandled by the ocean's hands. If anything I would call these the Devil's spawns. My body swept past underwater arches and I wish I had my sketchpad but I'm kinda busy now....

BOOM!

My ears throbbed painfully while the monsters were carrying me for minutes even though it felt like hours. My nose burnt from the sea salt and the pressure from being so deep was building. Headache is becoming my middle name.

Suddenly, I was pulled through a small squeeze noticing it was the entrance I was dying to meet. My body felt like it was snapped in half feeling a great pain explode in my back. I felt paralyzed, weak and most of all helpless. 

Axel where are you?! 

It felt like electricity coursing through my veins! The pain is excruciating, goddammit. 

I gasped and jolted awake to an empty hospital room staring at the eerie shadows the sun cast inside. The sun must have just began to rise because the sky was pink, orange and purple. The clouds look so wispy as if they we painted in the sky. The tree's branches swayed in the slight breeze outside waving at me. They're mood is the total opposite of mine and I envied them.

Can I be a tree when I'm reincarnated? No? Ok...

My clothes stuck to my physique from the cold sweat that had formed during the plague of a night. I felt my eyes lids become heavy but I didn't want to sleep. Not after that! A tear slipped past my closed eyelids not wanting to but drifting off into sleep.....

Axel's P.O.V

"You up for some S&M?" I teasingly asked Jake.

"God, no. I bruise easily," he replied.