Chapter 10

Hermione's POV

Hermione woke up with a little bit of pain still in her ankle. She had broken it so badly, the healer couldn't mend the bone straight away, but it could be done today and she could go home. She looked over to her right to find Draco asleep on the arm chair next to her. She wondered about him.

He always seemed to appear, when Hermione broke her ankle, Ginny called him, not Harry or Ron. She wondered what they were up to. A nurse walked through the door and gave Hermione a little cup of medicine. She squirmed at the taste of the potion, it was horrible. She drank it, though she tried not to throw up. 

Draco started to turn and grumble in his sleep, his face looked so innocent, not hard glares or smirks. Like all the emotion just faded away, he looked relaxed. He snorted loudly, too loud, he woke himself up. He almost jumped out of the chair. Hermione couldn't help herself, she laughed. 

"Shut up." He whined he sat up straight and started rubbing his eyes.

Hermione sighed and rested her head on the pillow. 

"Why did you stay?" She looked over at Draco, he immediately faced her and raised his eyebrows. 

"because...... i care about you, " He turned away from her so he could hide his blush

"Oh, thanks" She mumbled, loud enough for him to hear. 

The awkward silence was interrupted when the Healer walked in. 

"Good, your both up, now this will be quick but a little painful, Do you want any any painkillers?" He asked

"No thanks." Hermione answered.

"right then, let's get this done." He held his wand over Hermione's ankle. He muttered the charm and waved his wand in a figure eight over her foot. Draco stood up as Hermione started wincing in pain. Hermione felt Draco's hand on hers and she tightened her grip, squeezing when it hurt most. 

"Finished, i will sign your release forms and you can go home." The healer smiled to Hermione and walked out of the room. Hermione started to get off the bed, slowly putting weight on her foot. She walked to the bathroom to get changed as Draco packed everything up and into her overnight bag. Hermione came out a few moments later, her Pyjamas in her hand. She tucked them in the top of the bag and took it from Draco. 

"Do you need help apparating?" He asked

"Yes please." she said, she wrapped her hand around Draco's back and he placed his hand on her waist to steady her. 

*CRACK*

They landed in front of Hermione's apartment, she unwrapped her hand from his back and hobbled to the front door, opening it slightly. He was about to turn and leave.

"Oh and Draco." She called out after him. He turned back around and raised his eyebrows.

"I would love to go to the wedding with you." She didn't know why she had said this.

He smiled widely. "Great, i will pick you up at 1.30 tomorrow then." he grinned.

She returned the smile and shut the door as he spun on his heels and walked away. She rested on the back of the door, relaxing. When he had reached for her hand, she felt something, a spark? It was the same feeling she got when he kissed her in the restaurant and the other kiss a few days after that one. She tried to push the thought aside as she started walking to her room. 

She placed her bag beside the door and looked over at the dress Draco had gotten her for the Wedding. It as mainly white and ended at the knees, it had touches of blue, grey and black. It was truely beautiful, but she wasn't truely convinced he chose the dress.

She set aside the dress and fell onto the bed. It had been a long few days, and just as she thought things were going back to normal, Draco comes running back into her life. She loved the two months but something wasn't quite right. Just as she got comfortable there was a knock at the door. She huffed but went to the door anyway. As soon as she opened the door, her eyes widened, and she automatically straightened her back. 

"Ronald." she started to shut the door

"Hermione, before you shut the door!"

"What do you want?" She stood in the doorway with a firm grip on the handle.

"I Thought that you should know the reason why i didn't marry you 5 months ago." He stepped back revealing a Lavender Brown, standing awkwardly in the doorway, she gave Hermione a weak smile. What surprised Hermione the most was how much she had changed. She was much more slim than what she was at Hogwarts, her face was still rounded and her hair hadn't changed a bit. In face it was more frizzy than Hermione's is. 

"touché Ronald Weasley." She laughed to herself and slammed the door in Ron's face. 

She laughed as she flopped on the couch and turned the TV on, she sat back and watched a TV show her mum introduced her to. She watched a couple episodes before turning it off, and making herself Dinner. She didn't know who she didn't realise or even think that the girl was Lavender. For some reason she wasn't surprised at all. She ate dinner in front of the Tv and went to bed that night, feeling better than ever. She wasn't angry or pissed at Ron at all. In fact she was glad that he found someone.

But she was still confused a little about her feelings about Malfoy, he tried to talk to her, but she ignored him, he was there when they were healing her ankle. Maybe, Maybe deep down she felt something, but it certainly wasn't staying deep down, Hermione knew it was trying to break the surface and trying to get her to show her true feelings. No matter how much she pushed the feeling down, it would always rise.

2K READS!!!!!!!! 

When i checked i started crying. oh. my.god

All thanks especially to people who commented and voted on each chapter.

If you want to know anything about me, just ask and i will answer. My identity will be keep secret though. 

Love ALL OF YOU xoxo Dramoine-4lyfe