Chapter 9

Draco's POV

Draco watched as hermione disappeared around the corner and apparated. He had come to terms with his feelings for Hermione but she's ignoring him now. He turned back to Ginny and shrugged, she tried to help him. A few days ago he asked for her help to try and see Hermione, he felt so stupid for going to her for help, but she knew her best, and sure as hell didn't want to go to Harry or Ron.

"I'm sorry Malfoy, I tried, i really did." Ginny said.

"Just leave it now, she doesn't feel the same." He stormed away from Ginny and to the apparation point, he landed in the living room of his apartment and collapsed on the couch. He whipped his eyes, thinking of how to get Hermione to talk to him.

It was coming round Christmas time, her present is hidden in his cupboard in his room. A simple necklace that has a lion and snake engraved on a heart that opens as a locket. He planned on putting a picture of the two on it but he didn't have any. He was also planning to take a picture, but that was obviously not happening.

There was a knock on the door and he sprang up off of the couch. Pansy stood at the door with 2 large folders in her hands and Blaise standing behind her.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked, but they just pushed past him, then immediately started talking about who knows what.

Pansy ignored Blaises last comment and turned to Draco." We need your help."

"We have a wedding in 3 days and we can't decide on having slytherin coloured napkins or white ones." Blaise butted in.

"And your coming to me for this?"

"Blaise wants slytherin but i want white, you decide." Pansy looked at Draco.

"Ah-ah- I don't know, pick something in between."

"Like a light green?" Blaise asked.

"Yeah, something like that."

Pansy ran up to Draco and hugged him. "why didn't i think of that Draco you are a genius."

"Pansy you should've said that now Draco is gonna be all cocky about it."

"But i am a genius." Draco chuckled.

Blaise gave him a hard punch on his left arm. He winced slightly, still laughing. Blaise and Pansy stood up and started to walk towards the door, but at the last minutes Pansy turned around. She handed him a package.

"Invite her to our wedding, give her this." She seemed concerned.

Draco gave out a large huff has a he shut the door behind the couple. He picked up a quill and spare bit of parchment. He started to write.

Dear Hermione,

I Know that you probably won't want to come, but i was wondering if you would like to be my date to Pansy and Blaise's wedding. If i don't get a response then i understand. At least open the package attached. If you want to come, i will pick you up at 1.30pm on Sunday.

D.M

He finished writing the letter and attached to his owl along with the package Pansy gave him. He watched the owl fly away until he could no longer see it, he turned back to the couch and sat down. Soon enough he fell asleep on the couch.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Draco woke up with a sore neck and shoulders. He sat up and stretched. He rubbed the back of his neck to ease the pain. His eyes were still half shut when his owl returned with a small envelope.