Chapter 4

Hermione's POV

She shut the door behind her, sighing to herself she apparated to work, she still had a full day ahead of her.  She opened her office door and sat behind the desk. she slowly started working on the big pile of paperwork that slowly built up in her absence.

She got half way through the pile when the handle of her door started clicking. She heard someone whisper and the door opened slightly, then it was pushed against the wall behind it. Ron ran through the doorway, his face redder than his hair.

"MALFOY, OUT OF EVERYONE YOUR REBOUND IS MALFOY?" He screamed, his face only becoming redder.

" REBOUND? RONALD YOU LEFT ME ON MY WEDDING DAY. AND DRACO IS NOT A REBOUND!" She stood up from her chair and walked over to him. She then realised, she used his first name.

Some people, including Blaise Zabini, started staring at the argument.

"Hermione I was just stressed. I still want to marry you, leave Malfoy. For me." He grabbed Hermione's hand and tried to pull her closer.

She yanked her hand back and stepped away from him.

" I have gotten over you Ron, I don't need you and I have moved on. And I am happier without you." She felt tears well up in her eyes.

Ron took a step towards Hermione, raising his hand slightly and hitting her across the face. She winced. And the tears finally fell down her face.

"WHORE" he screamed

People came running through the door, grabbing Ron and yanking him out of the doorway. Hermione was balling her eyes out.

Blaise ran to her side, and held her up.

" I'm taking to Draco's" he said, picking her up and apparating to Draco's house.

Hermione was crying into Blaise's shoulder When they got there.

"DRACO, GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED" he yelled, waiting at his front door.

" IM COMING" he yelled back, slowly opening the door, but when he caught a glimpse of Hermione he swung the door open and took her from Blaise's arms.

" Weasley hit her."
He walked quickly to the couch, resting her there while Blaise went and got an ice pack. He gave it to Draco who placed it lightly on her cheek, kissing her on the forehead.

"At least we know Weasley is jealous" he said, smiling.

She chuckled slightly, they both heard a crack and Blaise had gone, leaving them alone.

" I just can't believe he would hit me. It sounds stupid but, he was always so nice to me." She sighed, letting a final tear drop down her cheek.

" He is a git. But I have a plan. " draco said, sitting up.

" oh god, here we go again. What is with you and your plans?" She mumbled

" when you come to the ball with me " he started but Hermione sighed louder enough to interrupt him.

" when you come to the ball with me, we do what we did at the restaurant. When The time is right. I will do a grand gesture, and the photographers will get it and put it everywhere!" He said, looking as proud as ever.

" and looked what happened the last time " she pointed to her face

" but it's got to work, I won't let him touch you. " he said

Hermione blushed a little and smiled at him and mumbled a thank you.

They sat there for an awkward minute or two before Draco got up and offered Hermione tea.