Chapter 7

Hermione's POV

Tonight was the night of the ball. Hermione couldn't be more nervous. She was meeting all of Draco's family. It felt wrong. She barely knew him and she was going with him to his ball. She was stressing over the questions people might ask her and answers she could come up with.

It was 5.30 in the afternoon and the ball starts at 7.30pm. She sat in front of the mirror, staring at herself. She was thinking about what she had got herself into. The kiss on the first night, the kiss the other night. This was all fake right?

She rubbered her eyes before getting in the shower, making sure to use a special shampoo to tame her hair. She dried herself before the she heard a knock at the door. She wrapped herself in a towel and opened the door.

"Great, you've already had a shower, we can get started straight away." She pushed past hermione and start walking in the direction of her room, leaving Hermione at the door, jaw dropped. She shrugged and followed her.

"I brought over my make up bag because, well, you have got nothing useful." She picked a large see-through bag and places it on the bench, it was filled to the brim with make up and brushes.

She got to work, while Hermione sat in the chair, not moving as instructed by Ginny.

'Nearly done." She murmured, adding a touch of mascara to Hermione's left eyelash.

"Done." she straightened up and smiled at Hermione, spinning her chair around so that she could face the mirror. She gasped at the view, it was perfect. it didn't look cakey but covered some unwanted freckles. She had a natural and her hair was straightened and loose around her face.

She turned to Ginny and smiled. "Thanks Gin"

"I- i love it." She laughed. " I can't thank you enough."

"It's nothing really, simple." She started packing up her make up.

"Thanks, but i got to change into the dress, he's going to be here in half  an hour." She walked out of the bathroom and  into her bedroom, taking the dress out of the plastic sheet it came with to protect the sequins on the bodice.

It was slowly rolling towards 7.30 and Hermione was ,again, staring at herself in the mirror. Ginny had left a few minutes ago and Hermione had started worrying about this evening. What if someone found out. The Daily Prophet would have a field day.

She walked out of her bathroom and towards the front door, picked up her clutch and stood at the front door.

3      2      1

*Knock Knock*

She waited a few seconds before opening the door, she smiled at him, it wasn't a real smile. It was a oh-my-god-i'm-so-nervous smile.

He returned the same smile and held out his arm for her. She  shut the door behind her and took his arm, they apparated. She landed roughly on the gravel outside the Malfoy Manor.

Hermione nearly fell over as the memories came flooding back. She gripped her arm, covering her scar. Mudblood.

"Wow, already had some drinks!" He helped her stand up straight.

"No I-I, Draco i can't do this." She took her arm out of his and took a small step back.

She started to hyperventilate. "I can't go in there." She felt her cheeks burn up, her eyes start to water.

"It's alright, Mother has had that room locked ever since we came home from Hogwarts.She made and furnished a new ball room."  He said.

"It's not the room, Draco, It's the memories. It's the front gates and your door, and- an," She started to cry softly, making sure her mascara doesn't run.