Chapter 3

Draco's POV

Draco woke up to someone knocking loudly on his apartment door. He stumbled out of silk sheets and walked downstairs towards the front door. 

He opened the door slightly before being pushed aside as the women came barging in, he shut the door behind her and turned around to face the women. She was holding a newspaper in her hand and looked very angry.

"Hello Mother." he said, giving a small smile, sarcastically.  He yawned, stepping closer to Narcissa.

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY! I HAVE TO FIND OUT YOUR IN A RELATIONSHIP BY A NEWSPAPER."  Draco eyes widened at the sudden outburst from his mother. She stormed over to her son and hit him hard on the head with the paper. He winced and started rubbing his head. 

"Ow" Still rubbing his head he walked to the kitchen, grabbing two cups and pouring coffee for both. He walked back into his joining living room, Handing Narcissa a cup, she was now sitting on his couch, breathing heavily. She took it from him and mumbled a thank you. Slowly taking a few sips.

"Your in a relationship? With that Granger girl." She turned to face Draco. He slightly nodded

"And you love her?" She asked, not loosing eye contact

"Very, I'm sorry you had to find out this way Mother." There was another knock at the door. Draco put his cup down and stood up. He walked over to the door and opened it, another women barged in but instead of walking straight past him she jumped up and hugged him.

Draco's eyes widened and wrapped his arms around her. Soon realising she wasn't alone and that Draco was only in his boxers she slowly got down and brushed herself off. Narcissa got up and walked towards Hermione.

"So nice to meet you Mrs Malfoy" She held her hand out to Narcissa and she took it.

"Please call me Narcissa, after all you are dating my son." She turned around and walked back to the couch. Draco found the nearest thing to a top and put it on.

"Coffee?" Draco asked.

"Oh, yes please." Hermione answered, taking a seat on the couch opposite Narcissa.

Draco came back with another mug of coffee and handed it to Hermione. He sat down next to Hermione. Taking her hand. She almost pulled away but let it rest on the couch. 

"So, when did you two start dating?" Narcissa asked excitedly. 

The 'couple' looked at each other quickly, eyes widened. Hermione chuckled a little.

"Well.... Draco why don't you tell her the story?" Giving him a hard look and squeezing his hand.

"Oh, well, um, we started dating about 4 weeks ago." Turning to his mother and then back to Hermione. "We saw each other at a grocer.... and then had coffee..... i asked her out to dinner.... and yeah." He faced narcissa again, this time squeezing Hermione's hand.

"That's the story, not much to it." hermione chuckled.

"And are you too living together?'

"Not yet." Hermione said quicker before Draco could even process the question.

Narcissa smiled at Hermione.

"May i please have a word to my son for a moment Ms. Granger?" Narcissa smiled at her.

Hermione turned towards Draco, looking quiet worried. She turned back to Narcissa. "Of course." Hermione turned to Draco.

"where is the bathroom?" She whispered, not loud enough for Narcissa to hear.

"upstairs, on the left." He answered turning back to his Mother. 

Hermione got up and walked away quietly. Narcissa watched her leave and then turned to Draco.

"She is perfect Draco!" She said.

"She is smart, beautiful, kind. Better than those one night stands you had."

Draco blushed slightly. How the hell did his mother know about those?

"But mother, she is a muggle-born. I didn't tell you because i thought you would break us up." Draco said, trying to convince her mother other than what she was thinking.

" Oh, it was your father who was prejudice, that doesn't matter to me. If you love her, and she makes you happy, than i am happy. " She smiled

"great, that is really good Mother." He said.

"Well i must be off, leave you two. But Draco please bring her to the next ball, people must meet her." She got and grabbed her bag. 

"Bye then, Mother." He opened the door and she smiled at him and walked outside, closing the door quietly, he pressed his ear to the door and heard her apparate. He let out a sigh of relief and walked back to the living room, collapsing on the couch. 

"Is she gone." He heard coming from his spiral staircase.

"Yep" he breathed.

"Oh, thank god." She walked towards him and collapsed on the couch opposite him.

He turned on his side, so that he could face her.

"How did you find out where i lived?" he knitted his eyebrows.

"Well you probably don't know this, but your mate, Mr. Zabini lives only a few offices away from me in the Department of Mysteries, so when i saw the paper on my desk in the morning, i walked into his office and asked  for your addresses, and here i am now." She then turned to face him and smiled.

"Huh." He sat up and grabbed the paper his mother had left behind and opened it up."

He read.

Ex-Death Eater, Draco Malfoy and Muggle-born, Hermione Granger found in a quiet restaurant having an intimate 'Talk'. 

There was a picture of the kiss on centre page.

" We made front page!" She said sitting up herself.

"Yeah that's great." he put the paper back down and took their mugs to the kitchen, placing them both in the sink.

"Mother invited you to the next ball, it's like a family and friends gathering thing, very formal." he stepped out of the kitchen

"Do i have to go?" She whined.

"Yes you do, now i'm going back to bed because my mother woke me up before 11 and i need more sleep, you know where the door is." He grinned.

He took the shirt he places on moments ago and put it back where he found it, Hermione looked up and blushed slightly at his toned body. He turned around started to walk up his spiral staircase.

"Goodbye Granger!" he yelled loudly.

"Bye Malfoy!" he smiled at the reply, hearing the door shut, he climbed back into bed and closed his eyes, sleep greeted him happily.