Chapter 13

Ariana's view

Me and Teddy hadn't spoke about what we did a few minutes ago, but we were still talking. Vern was awkward and quiet again, like last time at the Junk-Yard.

"Ari, are you sick again? Your really quiet,"Gabby pointed out. I looked up at her and nodded, not looking over at Teddy who was across from me, to the right of her.

"Yeah, yeah, i'm fine. What do you guys wanna do?"I asked, trying to get the attention off of me. It worked.

"Let's play truth or dare! Who's in?"Vern asked, breaking the silence. I guess he was okay with forgetting what he saw. We all agreed, scooting in closer to each other as the wind blew by. As much as i didn't like Chris being on my left, i couldn't move away. His body was actually pretty warm, and my bare arms were touching his, making my body warm, so hey. I wasn't complaining. 

"I'll go first, i guess,"Gordie said, blowing the smoke out of his mouth from his cigarette. Wait, where did those come in? I looked around and everyone was lighting their's but m-

"Um, Ariana.."Chris mumbled from besides me. I turned my head to see him holding out a cigarette. I looked up at him, then took it, mumbling a simple thank you. I then took Gabby's lighter, lit my cigarette, then exhaled out the smoke as i took a puff.

"Vern, truth or dare?"Gordie asked.

Vern groaned. "Um...truth?"

"Did you really kiss that Cindy girl in 5th grade?"

I snapped my head over to Teddy. He crossed his arms over his chest, smirked, then turned to Vern. Now, let's see if Vern actually did have his first kiss.

"Oh come on, Gordie. It's compl-"

"Vern,"We all dragged out.

He groaned"Fine, i lied."

"Ha! I knew it!"Teddy laughed, almost dropping his cigarette. I scoffed a little, placing my hands on my hips, raising an eyebrow at Teddy. He turned his head to me, then kept quiet. I rolled my eyes with a smile, turning back to Vern.

"Alright, Chris, truth or dare?"

"Dare,"Chris replied, blowing out a puff of smoke.

"I dare you to take your shirt off for the whole night."

I looked up at Vern and glared holes into his head. He knew i liked Chris, and seeing him with his shirt off..god i won't be able to concentrate. 

"But it's cold, man,"Chris whined.

"Don't care."

Chris rolled his eyes, then moved his arms, bumping mine on the way. He pulled off his shirt in one swift, but then shivered right after. "I hate you, Vern. So much."

I actually felt bad for Chris, but i still can't forgive him. I averted my eyes from his forming two pack, and looked to the ground. But do you know how much strength that took?! It was as if my eyes were glued, but i had to pry them off. 

"Well, Teddy, truth or dare?"Chris asked, wrapping his arms around his body. I would give him the blanket i had, but i can't forgive him..and..i'd rather see him without a shirt. Ugh! Damn you, Ariana!

"Dare, man. I aint Vern, you know?"Teddy chuckled. Vern glared at him, but then looked away, taking a puff off his cigarette.

"I dare you to kiss Vern. That'll be your first kiss, if i'm correct,"Chris smirked. First kiss? Aha nope! Second kiss..No! It's supposed to be, Gabby! Damn, it.

"What! No, man! Who knows what diseases this fat kid has!"Teddy shouted in disgust, turning his face away. 

"Yeah, man. I aint kissen' no four-eyed psycho!"Vern objected as well.