Chapter 9

Teddy's view

Ariana's awake now, but she keeps throwing up every few minutes. I wanna know what's wrong. Chris is now acting funny, and his skin is even whiter than before. Something they ate? No cause what they ate, we ate too. But we're all fine. We were walking through the woods, but we turned as Chris stopped, bending over holding his stomach.

"Chris.."Ariana coughed, holding the blanket around her. I honestly felt terrible for her, and it didn't look like Gordie cared if he got sick since he was standing next to her, making sure she didn't fall over into another slumber.

Chris held out his hand. "I'm okay. Really. Don't wo-" And before he could finish, he hurled everything he ate..out. I squinted my eyes, looking to the ground. Gordie quickly covered, Ariana's eyes, and Vern turned around, gagging. After he was throwing up his food, we ran over to him. He looked as if he were about to pass out.

"Chris, are you okay man?"Vern asked quickly. Chris nodded, whipping the extra stuff off of his mouth. 

"Here, man,"Gordie said, handing him a napkin. Chris whipped his mouth, then coughed again, and again, and again. He couldn't' stop.

Ariana's view

I dropped the blanket from my shoulders and ran over to Chris's side.

"Chris,"I whimpered, as he fell to the ground from coughing so much. What was going on with us? Nobody else seemed sick. Teddy, Gordie and Vern told me to stay away from him, and that i'd get sicker, but i didn't care. Chris was hurting, which made me hurt. He cared for me, so i'm gonna care for him.

"Ariana, i'm-"He got cut off as he coughed again, this time a deadlier kinda style. 

"Chris, your sick,"I tried to say, but it came out super scratchy, as if someone scratched up the inside of my throat. My stomach was hurting so bad, but i tried to ignore it. 

"No, i'm okay,"He argued, putting his hand out to me, his voice scratchy as well. I grabbed his hand and shook my head at him, my whole body starting to shake. 

"No,"I croaked out, "your sick."

"So are you,"He croaked out softly, rubbing the back of my hand.

I smiled weakly, then started coughing again. I wipped my head over my shoulder as i heard twigs snap, the others doing the same. A figure quickly moved behind the tree, sending looks of horror and confusion on our faces. The Cobras?

Vern hid behind Teddy, Gordie standing next to him, me and Chris on the ground behind them. Chris went to stand, pulling out his gun, but i pulled him back.

"Hello!"I coughed, my throat hurting more as i called out. Chris gripped my hand, basically telling me to not do that. Teddy turned his head over to Chris, reaching for the gun when the person didn't respond. Chris handed it to him, pulling me closer to him, his protective mode kicking in. I liked it, but i couldn't focus on it now.

"Whoever's there, get out here now!"Teddy ordered, raising his voice. Everyone flinched when we heard a soft bark, but then a hushed voice whispering. What if Milo followed us? Not possible actually. We would definitely see both of his sides that hang over his belt. No offense.

Then suddenly a face looked out from behind the tree, but then went back behind it once they saw us. It was getting dark, so i couldn't really see who it was. I ungripped Chris's hand and stood up, pulling him with me. I looked over at Teddy and he looked at me as well. I reached for the gun, so he gave it to me.

"Whoever's there, we're not gonna hurt you,"My voice scratched up, but i continued to stay strong and tried to strengthen it.

The figure moved out again, seeing me. I smiled a little, not seeing them, but they finally came out and stood under the light from the moon. It was a girl. She looked about our age, maybe a year younger. She had long red hair with dark green eyes, and she was holding a puppy. It looked like a husky, but i wasn't sure. All i knew is that it was adorable.