Nuire Part. 1

Marinette

There was no escaping.

The room I was in had nowhere for me to run.

The room was small, with only a chair, which Chat Blanc sat in, and two candles on a table.

The door was wooden, and there weren't any windows.

Every time I took in a breath, I felt like Blanc was going to pounce on me.

He stared at me so intently and with such curiosity that it bothered me.

I hadn't gathered up the strength or courage to talk to him, but that didn't stop him.

"Tell me something My Lady," he began, my muscles tensing, "How is my dear Nuire? "

I blinked rapidly, fearing I had heard him wrong.

"Nuire?" I asked, curling my toes at the pain it brought to my raw throat.

He stood from his chair and walked around me, like a cat stalking its prey.

"Yes darling. How is Nuire? "  he repeated, placing his hands on my shoulders.

Of course I knew that Nuire wasn't a person, but a word.

The word "Nurie" in French meant "harm,"  which confused me as to why he was referring to harm as a person.

So I simply sat still, too afraid and in pain to say anything anyways.

He leaned in closer to me, tilting his head as if he was going to kiss me.

"I fear you haven't been listening to me, so let me repeat myself for the final time. How. Is. Nuire? "

"I don't know what you're talking about," I finally whispered, making his glowing eyes look curious.

He backed away from me and sat down in his chair once again.

He watched me slowly as I looked down at my wrists wrapped in ropes.

I hadn't moved very much, but the friction was making my skin raw and hot.

I guess he noticed my discomfort, because he smiled and stood once again.

"Are those hurting you darling?" he asked, making me nod a couple times.

"Pity, I'm afraid I can't remove them quite yet. For you see, Nuire  told me you'd behave in the manner you are behaving, and I really  don't want to do what she told me to do," he said, his face flinching as he looked me dead in my teary eyes.

"What does this...Nuire  want?" I asked.

If Blanc was worried about this woman, then I knew I was going to be terrified of her.

The question made him laugh.

His laugh boomed throughout the small confined space, but it was still enough to make me quiver.

Suddenly, his face grew serious as he stared back at me.

He cracked his neck and pulled out his staff.

He pressed some strange button, but it made my ropes turn to iron cuffs.

At first, they were normal, but then they dug into my already hurt skin.

I screamed as they dug themselves into my flesh, but he stopped them before they cut off my hands and feet.

He got in my face again and lifted my chin so I looked him dead in the eyes.

"I want you to listen to me well Marinette, for I too fear for your life. Nuire  won't spare you unless you let her out willingly. She will rip you from the inside out to get to you, and if she does, you will die. Let her out just a little at a time, and please...please please please be safe," Blanc said, making me give him a bewildered look.

He pushed his lips onto mine, and I jumped back, feeling a sting come from inside my chest.

For a long moment, all I saw was black.

But then I heard my alarm clock.

And that's when I opened my eyes.

To be continued