Sticks and Stones Part 3

Marinette

I couldn't believe what that night turned into.

At first, it was just a confrontation for me to figure out what exactly happened to me a couple days ago.

Then, I break down and cry, feeling more awkward but comfortable around Chat Noir.

And finally, Chat tells me how he's felt about my second persona all this time...and now this?

"What is it Marinette?" he asked, looking at me with worried eyes.

"I-I have to tell you something...but I need your word that you won't tell anyone," I said, though I knew he would keep this a secret.

"Of course, but should I be concerned? You look pale and nervous."

And I was.

I was so terrified to what I was about to do, that my hands were shaking and my lips were quivering.

But when I looked at Chat again, I could feel my heart rate begin to slow down.

I breathed deep breaths, and just focused on his bright green eyes.

I whispered the two words under my breath, and could feel the rush of my blood go through my veins.

I shut my eyes tight and bit my lip as the rushing spread all over me, making my heart beat harder against my chest.

After it stopped, I opened my eyes again to see Chat Noir with his jaw wide open and his eyes mesmerized at my image.

He didn't say anything for a few long seconds; he just stared and took in every inch of me.

"You-you're.." he trailed off, looking at my transformation and shaking his head slowly in disbelief.

"You're...you're Ladybug?" the words sounded like screams, but came out a whisper.

Chat Noir

Marinette.

The girl who sat behind me in every class.

The girl who would mess up her words around me.

The girl who was so clumsy it was cute.

The girl who had fallen for Adrien.

The girl who had made Chat Noir smile.

Ladybug.

Was the girl who sat behind me in every class.

Was the girl who would mess up her words around me.

Was the girl who was so clumsy it was cute.

Was the girl who had fallen for Adrien.

Was the girl who Chat Noir had fallen in love with.

They were the same.

And I loved her.

In that moment, all I wanted to do was run to her.

I wanted so badly to apologize for all those times I didn't hold her hand in between classes.

To say sorry for all those times I should've asked her on dates.

To beg for all those kisses that I should've given her.

To ask her to be My Lady.

To be Continued...