Trying to Get Answers

Chat Noir

The rooftops felt different.

Maybe it was because I was used to having Ladybug by my side, or maybe because of the strange day at school.

The way Alya acted towards Nino made him upset the rest of the day, and Marinette seemed to be acting up as well.

I just didn't know why she was acting so strange, it wasn't like her. She's never upset about something unless it's big.

I didn't read her blog yesterday, I was hoping she wrote something about why she was upset, like she usually does if there's a problem.

I pulled my staff out of my belt and pulled up the LadyBlog, looking at her recent post, which was a video of her standing in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Just as my thumb was about to hit "play", I heard a thump behind me. I jumped up and extended my staff, ready to attack if it was an Akuma.

I took a sigh of relief when I saw it was only Ladybug, and put away my staff.

"Why so jumpy Chaton?" She asked, giving me my favorite side smile.

I stared for a few seconds before I spoke, "No reason, I just had a strange day today."

She sighed and sat down beside me. "You and I both then."

I looked at her curiously, "Why is that My Lady?"

She gave me a sarcastic scoff, making my heart stop for a moment.

"Can you be serious for once Chat? Today was so hectic." She said, turning to look at me with her crystal blue eyes.

"Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood, you seem uptight." I said, nudging her with my elbow.

"Well, one of my...friends seemed really upset about something that happened yesterday, and she wont tell me what's wrong. I have a feeling it has to do with us." She said, making my ear perk up.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because that's all she told me. But the thing is, I can't remember anything that could've made her upset yesterday. I barely remember anything that happened between us yesterday besides the Akuma attack." She said, making my eyes widen a little.

She didn't remember?

"Y-you mean, you don't remember what happened after the fight?" I asked, reliving the memory in my head and flinching.

She shook her head. "No, my Miraculous was about to de-transform me, so I left...right?"

My eyes widened even more, but I tried to steer it away with a soft smile.

I scooted closer to her, looking her dead in the eyes as se looked at me in a way I'd never seen her look before.

For the first time since I met her, she looked...worried.

"It's nothing to worry about My Lady. I'm sure your friend is going to be fine with whatever problem she's having. Whether it concerns us or not." I said as reassuringly as I could.

She smiled and looked up at the stars, the light from them shining in the iris of her beautiful eyes.

"Thanks Kitty." She said before smiling and standing up to jump away into the night.