What am I Supposed to Do?

Marinette

My head hurt.

I lied awake in bed with my head pounding and my thoughts wandering.

Everything that happened seemed so blurry to me, and I just couldn't figure out why.

Then again, everything that past week had been blurry.

So many things had happened to me too quickly, and I was still left without answers.

If anything, I was left with more questions then before Chat Noir came to my bedroom window.

I stared at the ceiling, holding the tiny velvet box in my hands and trying my best not to open it.

When I showed it to Tikki, she told me not to open it until Chat Noir had returned, just in case things were to get bad again.

But I was so curious and at the same time afraid.

I wondered if she knew...

If she did know about what was inside the box, she would've told me...

At least, I liked to think she would tell me.

I sat up, flicking on my lights and looking at my alarm clock.

It was nearly 5 in the morning; a whole hour since Chat left me alone with my staggering mind.

I pulled my hair into a tight ponytail and walked over to my desk, sipping a glass of water and booting up my computer.

When it finally turned on, I pulled up Google and typed, "Kwami."

Only a couple links pulled up, so I chose the one that looked more promising.

It didn't give me anything useful, just some things that already knew about the quote unquote legend of the miraculous.

I shut down my computer, trying to think of anything else that could've been helpful in my case.

But nothing came to mind, except talking to Tikki.

I knew she wouldn't have anything to do with it though, as being a Kwami was supposed to be secret anyways.

I rubbed my eyes and looked over my shoulder to see my phone light up.

I trudged over to my nightstand and turned it on, seeing a new voicemail.

I swiped across and raised the phone to my ear.

"Look outside your window."

I recognized the voice almost instantly, for it was no one other than Chat Noir.

But...

I didn't question it, I just walked over to my window and looked out to see...

"Chat? What are you doing here...again?" I asked, so surprised that he was back

I could've sworn he had left for good.  

He tapped the glass, and I raised it up.

"Just...one last thing before I leave for good tonight," he paused to take a deep breath, "I love you, Marinette."

I bit my lip and shut my eyes.

"I know..."

"Do you love me?"

"..."

"It's okay if you don't."

"I do love you Chat, just not in all the ways that love works."

He stared at me and smiled.

"I guess I cant kiss you then?" he asked, that stupid grin wide on his lips.

"To be continued?" I quoted, smiling a little myself.

He laughed and nodded, "To be continued, My Lady."