Chapter Seven ; What ? Of Course !

{Carries POV} {present day}

Brad was acting strange. Like he was hiding something from me but what? He would tell me anything I was sure of that. We started driving the six hour trip to my parents house. "Are you hungry Care" Brad asked adjusting his hands on the wheel. It was actually a pretty hot day for February so I was laying my head in his lap and my feet were hanging out the window with my flip flops on the dash. "No" I said running my hands through my bangs. I held my hand at the top of my head. I put my other thumb in my belt loop of my jeans. "How long have we been driving" I asked seeing the sun about to set. "Um it's been about five and a half hours but we didn't stop so I think were almost there" he said. I got really tired and dozed off. I woke up to Brad tapping my nose. "Hey princess were here" he said. I sat up and sure enough we were. My mom and dad were making there way down the walk way. I got out the car. "Mama Dad" I yelled running towards them. "Care-bear" my dad yelled pulling me in for a really big dad hug. He let go and I hugged mama. "Sir can I speak to you for a second" Brad asked calling my dad to the back of the truck. Mama started to lead me inside with a big smile on her face. I looked back and saw Brad digging something out of a bag and Dad intensely listening then Brad and my father hugging? What? Dad never even hugged Mike? "Mama what are they talking about, do you know" I asked mama concerned. "Don't you worry about it baby, now let's get inside I have spaghetti on the stove" Mama said rushing me in. Odd? My whole family was acting odd? I was helping Mama set the table when Brad and my dad came in laughing and joking around. "Hey Care-bear" Brad said pulling me in for a side hug and kissing my forehead. Mama and dad were beaming. This wasn't my dad. My dad was the stern 'yeah I'll be cleaning my gun while your gone' type who never got along with my boy friends let alone let them stand more than a foot close to me. Is that what we were now? Boyfriend and girlfriend? Wow. It happened without warning. We sat down for dinner and we talked about all types of things but mainly Brad. It was Brad this and Brad that with my parents all night. "Hey Brad after dinner I'd like to show you the game room" my dad said. "Sure sir" Brad said taking another bite of his spaghetti. I was so confused. Dad didn't let my sisters and I in the game room until we were fourteen! We got up from the table and I went in the living room and sat down with mom. "Do you know what's going on" I asked sitting down on the old couch. "I'm not sure what your talking about sweet heart" mama said sitting down next to me. "Well dad is just being really fond of Brad and he hasn't been like this with anybody, not even Mike" I said. "Well" mama started "I think it's the way Brad carries himself and how he acts. He calls your father sir and treats you like your dad treated you. He treats you like his world revolves around you and he'd wait on you hand and foot forever and loves to do it" mama explained. Was Brad the one? Was this a sign that Brad was the person I was meant to be with? I just smiled at mama and she pulled me in for a hug.

{Brads POV} {present day}

I walked down the carpeted steps to the game room leaving a worried Carrie up stairs. Did she know my plan? "So Brad this is the game room" Carries dad said. It was a giant man cave. There was a leather couch in the center with a giant tv on the wall in front of it. There was a pool table to the right and a book shelf to the left with pictures surrounding it. "It's amazing sir did you build this" I asked walking over to a picture to what looked like young Carrie then looked back at him. "Yes I did" he said beaming. "So son are you serious about this commitment you want to make with my daughter" he asked with a face you could compare to stone. "Yes of course" I responded "Carrie is my world and I don't ever want her to think any less than that and I think this ring would prove it" I said pulling the ring out of my jacket pocket "of course with your permission" I finished. "Well" her dad said stepping towards me and opening his arms "you have it". I embraced the hug and smiled as wide as the Mississippi. We headed back up stairs. We walked into the living room and Carrie was hugging her mom. "Carrie can I ask you a question" I asked standing her up. She just smiled and stood there so I took that as a yes. I got down on one knee and pulled out the ring. "Carrie Marie Underwood I know we've only been with each other for three weeks now but I want to ask you if you'll make me the happiest man under the sun and be my wife. I want to hold you and play with your hair till you fall asleep for the rest of your life and when were old I want to sit on our front porch swing and wait for our grand babies to come. I wanna be with you" I said. Carrie didn't even look at the ring she just smiled with tears in her eyes and shook her head yes so quick it was almost a blur. I slid the the ring on her finger and she stood up and I spun her around. "Daddy Mama did you know about this" she asked clutching on to me with all her might. I saw them shake their head yes and she just broke down in my hands with happy tears. She pulled away and then leaned in and kissed me more passionately than anybody ever had. He moms face was priceless as she elbowed her husband who just watched and smiled. "Baby your perfect" she whispered in my ear. "So" her dad said clearing his throat "how long do y'all plan on being here" he asked. I let go of Carrie but kept one arm around her so her hip was pressed against mine. "Um I'm not sure yet daddy" Carrie said. "Well we'll just leave you two love birds alone" Carries mom said pushing her husband out the door. "Goodnight Mr. and Mrs. Underwood" I called. Carries mom came back in "please call us mama and daddy" she said patting my hand and kissing my cheek. "Looks like I have some competition" Carrie said jutting her hip out to the left and putting her hand on her hip. "No never" I said turning around and wrapping my hands around her waist and kissing her. She grabbed my hand and lead me to what I guessed was her old room and she pulled me onto the bed. I kissed her neck and her collar bones. She pulled my head up and kissed my lips "you know that Mike had to call my parents Mr. and Mrs. Underwood the whole time " and then rolled over. I put my leg over her side and fell asleep.