Maybe We Can Be Friends

Another update here!
Thanks for all your vote, comment and messages. It gave me strength to continue this story.

Up here is ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ Gavin

.................................................................................................................................

"Everything going smoothly." That was what Rocco said to me the next morning while holding newspaper. He looked fresh with khaki pants and broken white t-shirt, completed with disheveled hair. Rocco didn't sleep here last night while Mamma and Mr. Abrahamson went to Italy.

We were on the backyard, eating our breakfast.  I think dinning room is too big for me to have breakfast alone so I told maids to prepare breakfast in backyard, but then I saw Rocco coming and joined me.

I just sat there, didn't say anything. I didn't know what he was said until he showed me the headline of newspaper and saw my face on it. Rocco was hugging me as giving his best smile to the camera while I was hugging back Rocco, smiled sheepishly and eyes casted on the ground. Oh my God, I couldn't believe my face created that lame expression, and look at that, that wasn't my best angle, my face looked ugly in it. The headline said: "Golden Boy Finally Find His Last." So this is how Rocco announced our relationship. Oh God, I don't want to go out anymore.

"Woah, I can tell this is the first time you have picture in newspaper." He said, gave his smile to me, I assumed he realized my eyes bulged out of it's socket. "Many will comes later, brace yourself, Anabelle," He pulled back the newspaper and sipped the tea.

Somebody is in happy state of mind. And the person absolutely not me. I was too surprised to see my face on newspaper.

After barged in and gave the news I didn't see Rocco anymore in the house. He left after finished breakfast. Sure he didn't need permission to go out, practically this is his home.

Feeling lonely and having nothing to do, I decided to explore this huge backyard wearing one of dresses that Rocco bought yesterday, as if I have other choice for dress.

Loitering for a while, I admire the arrangement of this backyard. It seemed Mamma give serious attention to this backyard. Seeing this beautiful garden gave me serendipity.

"Beautiful flowers for beautiful lady," Said a man blocked my way through the mosaic pavement. He bowed, pulled a flower bouquet from his back and offered it to me.

I broke a smile as spoke politely, "Thank you. It's rare to have such a gentleman in this century."

The man in front me lifted his body, at that time I saw a familiar face.

"I am the one who should said thank you, Miss. You saved my life back then. Usually when Young Master mad to us maids, we will be dismissed. I believe you are the only reason I'm still here," His lips curled up. I couldn't help but smiled back.

"And he moved you to this garden?" I asked.

"Yeah and I'm grateful for that. This is less boring than worked in the kitchen. I can tend and nurture beautiful flower and if I lucky enough, get to see and talk to beautiful flower itself." I looked at his worn out jeans and stained soil shirt. Took a closer look on his face, he have warm brown eyes rimmed with flick eyelashes and his natural curly hair falls covering his left eyebrows.

"For a gardener you sure have a high skill flattering a girl."
He sure are brave for a maid, I mean usually maids here wouldn't dare talk or even look me in the eyes -I believe Rocco ordered them- but this guy dared to break all the rules.

"My father works here but he is not in well condition to work so I replace him while applying for job. I myself just graduated Bachelor degree on Economics, may be that's where I get my skill to flatter a woman," He smiled again showing his dimples.

May be he don't understand the rules because he is still new here. "May I know your name?" I asked as hoping maybe I can be friends with him.

"Gavin is me. Nice to meet you, Miss," He bowed again showing his respect.

"Hello, Gavin. My name is Anabelle, nice to meet you too," I said, offering my hand for handshake.

"Lovely Anabelle," He said as received my hand and gave a kiss on it.

I smiled hearing his flattery. Sure I need friends to talk while my evil fiancee seized my phone and cut all my connection to outside.

"Mind to accompany me walking?" I asked happily.

"As much I want to accompany you, there are many people waiting for you in the porch. I'm pretty sure I have another chance to accompany you next time, Miss," He said while waving his hands to another maids in the porch, beckoned them that I was here.

"Okay, maybe next time," I drooped my shoulder, feeling languid. I believed they demand another marriage conversation.

Gavin looked at me funnily,"You can talk to me whenever you want, if you have free time just come to the backyard, Miss." He waved to me, hinted me to go to porch.

................................................................................................................................
Thanks again
xoxoxoxo