Something Fishy

Update: I changed Rocco's friend name from Gavin to Jack. Sorry if it bothers you.
For all of your support.
Thank you, it means a lot to me.
......................................................................................
Up here is what Anabelle wore on her engagement day
......................................................................................

Twisting my hem gown, this was the first time I sitting in one table with him after library incident. Recently I tried my best to steer clear of him by sleeping in closet room and locked it. Early in the morning I would wake up, get ready, then darted off to kitchen, eating my breakfast. Most of my time I spent hiding from him in the garden.

"Hey, congratulation, dude." Rocco's friends came over him, patted his shoulder then went grabbing an empty chair to sit beside him. Aware of my position, I moved my chair, gave them more space.

Hugging his friends, I noticed Rocco's friends must be from "worth to swoon on" club in the world. Closed your eyes, pointed one, and you wouldn't regret whichever you chose.

"So this is the beauty woman who successfully managed to melt your heart?" Man with golden eyes and sun kissed skin in black suit offering his hand for a handshake. "Jack."

The rest of his friends alternately introduce them self. There was Meredith, Samuel, and Joshua.

"She is so cute! Look her flushed cheeks!" Meredith, Rocco's girl friend giggled when saw how shy I was to new people.

"Let her be, she is allergic to compliment. Slur is the one that keep her alive." Rocco gave me his detest smile then diverted his face once we made eye contact.

"Hey, at least not in the party, dude! Everyone can hear you!" Whispered, Jack warned Rocco.

Awkward I felt, sitting with Rocco's friends while I was the only one who didn't get into what they talk or laugh. They even didn't give any effort to opened any conversation with me. I will never fit into them.

After a while, Samuel accosted me and whispered. "How much Rocco payed you, heh?" Or you are one of lucky bitch that pushing herself to him?" His hands moving to my thigh.

"What?" Is this how they have their conversation? I am really an old fashioned girl then.

"Oh come on. We don't need to play dumb. This is spread your legs business." He rubbed my right tight.

"Well then, excuse me." Immediately I jumped from my chair, making Rocco and his friends surprised.

"I'm insist you to sit back, Anabelle." Rocco looked annoying with my demeanor, his jaw looked hardened.

"But," I tried to explain.

"Are you deaf now?" I saw Rocco clenched his fist.

I was afraid Rocco of what would he do when he mad. Trying to sit, my eyes filled in tears, he should ask me instead, not that I tried to run away from this party.

"Poor Anabelle." Samuel looked me dead in the eyes. "Where did you find her? Nursing home?" He gave me the scornful look.

"Come on, I need some fresh air." Rocco raised from the seat and so did his friends.

Walking away from me, he then stopped and turned around walking back near me. Patted my head as leaned behind me, he whispered to my ear, his lips rubbed my earlobe. "Stay in your seat." Sending shivers to every cell of my body. I couldn't react, it felt like I was under his spell.

Before I realized, Rocco already walked away, leave me alone.

Waiting in my loneliness, guests came alternately congratulate me. Saying how lucky I am or how my fiancee is what every girl would dream of for husband, and I am just one step ahead towards it. All I can do was giving them my best smile and said thank you.

I felt a pair of hands embraced me from behind. "I miss you, Belle! This party is awesome! You must look all of the hot guys in here, they are awfully hot! Hey, introduce me to one of Rocco's friends, want you?"

I turned around and hugged Lavin, my sister. "You know you are better in love department than me, Lavin. Go get em!"

"But it's more convenient if you introduce me first. They won't reject me if they know I am the family of the fiancee!" Sullen, Lavin released her hug and pulled me to the other side, leaving other guests.

"I bet you they don't do that. What an ignorant, foolish, blind, and incompetent man who dare to reject you?" I cupped her cheeks. Lavin was my fashion guru, what ever she wear or she do, will absolutely stunning.

"You did a great job flattering me, Belle. You are the one who really amazingly beautiful in that gown. They treat you like a porcelain doll, right?" Lavin smiled, tried to tease me.

Physically, yes. Mentally, no.

"As you said, I am the porcelain doll! By the way, where is Mommy and Dad?" I tried to dodge her question.

"Don't try to change the subject here, Miss. I don't want you feel like you are being sold, here. I believe Mom and Dad doing this for good. Beside we are in need of money, Abrahamson family is good fortune family so being in their connection making us on top of our business. Oh, I want to show you how market see our hotel now! Our profit shoot up the moment your relationship going public." Seeing how my sister's eyes lit up when she spoke really made my day. I am happy if my family happy.

"Good then. How about our resort project, is it any progress?" I wondered how was the progress of our resort project.

"We can't get any information on that. Mr. Abrahamson secured that place. No one can't go trespassing without Mr. Abrahamson permission. When we asked that, he said there's something good doing in there and he will open up when you already married." Lavin shrugged.

"Something fishy. I must ask Rocco about this." My sentences hanged as Lavin tackled me with a bear hug.

"Sis, just enjoy your engagement party. We don't come here just to burden you."

Smiled was all I can give to her.

"Well, first thing first. Where the hell your fiancee? I don't think any important thing than his fiancee itself on this day." Lavin poked my chin.

"With his friends. He is too busy, you know." Pulling my hem dress, I was lucky that Lavin just accepted it.

"Maybe for businessman like him, business opportunity will come any time." Lavin nodded.

"Yes. So where is our parent, Lavin? I miss them!" I held her hands, tightly.

"They on their meeting with Abrahamson family, on the living room."

"Come with me!" I then run as held Lavin's hands towards living room.

..............................

Thank you again
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT
Thanks