Chapter 34

Enjoy :)

Korra could hear deep, hushed voices around her. Her wrists were started to get sore as the rope that bound her dug into her skin. Any movement from her wrists hurt like so she didn't move and kept still.

Her heart was racing. She knew this feeling and this situation like the back of her hand. The men who had kidnapped her had bound her wrists and put a blindfold over her eyes. She could relied on her hearing.

"Here's 200 yuans", a rough voice said. Korra recognized it as her former master's voice. "A former servant is worth quite a lot on the market".

It was quiet for a moment.

"Thanks for bringing her back".

Korra knew that once she got back into the system, there'd be hell waiting for her. She could only imagine what they'd do to her as a runaway slave. But she had to focus. Her mission was to find the woman that was taken and get her out and back home.

"So what are you going to do with her??", another voice spoke up.

Korra sat perfectly still and listened in anticipation.

She heard the man smirk.

"I know this one can be very sneaky and things tend to go in her favor", her old master replied. "I'm sending her overseas to where she won't be illegal and where the folk ain't so nice".

Overseas?!!

Korra's eyes widened. If she was sent overseas, she'd never know where she was or how to get home. The woman was probably not even there.

"Good idea. Well, I'll see you tomorrow night".

"Yes you will".

Korra heard footsteps. She tensed up as if it was an instinct. She remembered the feeling like it was second nature. She didn't like it but it was a part of her.

This life was a part of her.

Korra's left arm was grabbed. She was roughly yanked up to her feet. Korra stumbled a little but regained her balance. She kept silent.

The blindfold was pulled off. Korra blinked a few times, her eyesight a bit blurry at first. Once it cleared, her face pales. Her old master looked at her, a sneer in his face.

Korra looked around. She was in a room. She recognized it. She was in the waiting room in an auction building. She was going to straight to be sold off to someone. These people must really want her gone.

Her old master suddenly pulled her along as he walked. They walked out of the room. Korra picked up the pace to keep up as they walked down the hall.

Sound and voices grew closer and closer.

"You've caused a lot of trouble for this business", the man said. "Well I'm going to make sure you're far away from this country and put you in a home that'll put you in your rightful place".

Korra was surprisingly calmer than she thought she'd be in this situation. But on the inside she was panicking. If she was sent overseas, how would she get home?? Would she ever get home??

The two walked into the auctioning room. Korra kept her eyes on the floor. She walked past men, who were staring at her with interest.

Korra remembered this scene. This feeling. It all came back to her. She'd never forget it.

Keep your eyes on the ground and do not say a word or you'll be hit in front of everyone. You'll want to be bought by the end of the night.