Chapter 21

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VERBAL BULLYING AND A SUICIDE ATTEMPT. IF THIS WILL TRIGGER YOU, PLEASE DON'T READ THIS

"Thank you. It's very nice to meet you too".

Korra smiled at the woman and her children. The woman was from the village. She remembered Korra from when she was small and wanted to introduce her two children to her. A girl and a boy.

Korra looked at Asami who stood by her side. Asami smiled.

Korra looked down at the kids. She lowered herself to her height.

"Hello", she said. "What are your names??".

"Talo", the boy said, bowing.

"I'm Kira", the girl said, smiling.

Korra gasped lightly.

"That sounds like my name. Korra".

She pointed at Asami.

"That's Princess Asami".

Asami smiled at the kids and waved.

"Hi".

The two kids waved back and bowed.

"Well then", Korra said clasping her hands.

The kids' attention was back on her.

"It's very nice to meet you both", Korra said

"Why were you gone all those years??", Kira asked.

"Kira!!", her mother said. "That's rude to ask".

The woman looked at Korra.

"I'm very sorry, your highness".

"No no", Korra said. "It's alright. She didn't know. It doesn't offend me".

Korra looked at Kira.

"I was kidnapped when I was small. My uncle had tried to hurt me because he doesn't want me to be queen someday. He wanted his son to take the throne".

"The king's brother??", the woman gasped.

Korra nodded, looking up at her.

"Yes, Ma'am. He tried to kill me while we all were asleep but I got away and ran far away from the castle. I was snatched once I got into town. The man was a slave collector. I was sold into slavery that night. It wasn't until recently that I regained my freedom".

"I'm so sorry, your highness".

Korra shrugged. "It's alright. It made me stronger as a person. I grew up with nothing so I know how to be compassionate to the less fortunate and to be kind to everyone since almost no one was kind to me as a servant".

The woman smiled. "You're going to be an amazing queen someday".

"Asami".

Korra looked up. She saw Bolin walking towards them, a grin on her face. He walked up to Asami.

"There are some people who want to talk to you", he said. "Your father sent me".

Asami frowned. "Can't it wait??", she asked. "I can't leave Korra by herself".

"He says it's extremely important. It's about Unaloq".

Korra and Asami looked at eachother. "I'll have the guards looking out for you", Asami said after a long silence.

Korra nodded. "I'll be okay, Asami. If it's important, you should go talk to them".

Asami looked at Bolin. She hesitated and looked at Korra. Looking back at Bolin she nodded.