Chapter 23

Enjoy :) Asami

Korra turned to Asami. Asami smiled.

"Okay", Asami said. "Come closer. I'm gonna show you how to waltz".

Korra gave a nod and got closer.

"Closer".

Korra shuffled a little more closer.

Asami rolled her eyes.

"Fine", she said. "Let me position you".

Korra suddenly felt hands grabbing her wrists. She tensed up as she was pulled close to Asami. She stood there awkwardly, trying not to seem embarrassed.

"There", Asami said. "Now place your right hand on my shoulder".

Korra slowly raised her hand and rested it on Asami's left shoulder. Her breath got caught in her throat when she felt a hand snake around to her upper back. Asami's arm lifted Korra's arm so their arms were about in a 180 degree angle, their elbows pointing outward.

"Good", Asami said. "Now take my other hand".

The two joined their left hands, palm to palm.

"Now", Asami said. "It looks hard when you see it in regular speed, but I promise it's not that difficult. It's quite simple. I'll show you what is called The Box. It's really helpful when learning the foot work of waltzing".

Korra nodded. "Okay. As long as I don't trip".

Asami laughed. "You won't. Trust me. Now we count 1-2-3. You step back with your right foot and I will step foward with my left foot".

Korra did as instructed. She stepped back with her right foot and Asami stepped with her left.

"Good", Asami said. "Now step with your other leg out to the side and then bring your feet together. I'll do the same".

Asami pulled away, stepping back.

"Let me show you what I mean".

Asami raised her arms as if she was holding on to a person. She demonstrated the steps, counting outloud. She made sure to step slow enough so Korra could see the movement and placement of her feet.

"1-2-3. 1-2-3. 1-2-3. 1-2-3".

Asami turned to Korra.

"Got it??. Let's try".

Korra nodded and walked up to Asami. They got into position.

"Step back with your right", Asami said. "I'll lead and you can look down at our feet so you can see".

Slowly, Asami guided Korra through the steps. They went slowly, just to get the rhythm of the dance. It took a few tries to get in sync. Korra got a bit confused a bit and nearly tripped a few times, but soon they got it down.

Stopping, Asami smiled. "Great. You're a fast learner".

Korra grinned. "Yeah. I guess so. But maybe it's because I have a great partner to teach me".

Asami blushed faintly. "Thanks".

"Let's keep going", Korra said. "This is fun".

"Okay. Remember to count in your head".

The two continued to slowly work on the steps, speeding up as Korra got more comfortable with the steps. Soon the two were waltzing around, the picture of elegance and grace.

Korra smiled at Asami as they danced around. Asami smiled back. The two locked eyes the whole time. Asami could feel her heart racing from the adrenaline.