Chapter 26

Enjoy :)

Korra sighed contently. She stared out the window, her mind elsewhere. The princess had gotten out of bed when she had woken up the next morning. She pulled a chair over to the windows and sat down.

She knew she should be asleep. It was only ten in the morning. She'd only gotten equivalent to or less than five hours of sleep. But for some reason, sleep wasn't coming to her.

"Korra??".

Korra perked up at the voice. She twisted around to look over her right shoulder. She saw Asami, standing there, a look of worry and confusion on her soft features.

"What are you doing out of bed??", Asami asked, walking towards her in a quick pace.

Asami had all the grace of the water, seeming to glide across the room. Korra smiled at her. She knew Asami wouldn't like her being out of bed when she was suppose to be sleeping, but Korra hoped she wouldn't be too mad.

"Couldn't sleep", Korra said.

She turned back to look out the window. She clasped her hands tightly, suddenly becoming restless. She stared out at the view of the ocean. She didn't know why but Korra loved looking out at the water. It calmed her.

She saw a figure out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head slightly to the right. Asami was crouched down in front of her, a worried look on her face.

"You okay??", Asami asked.

Korra smiled gently. "Yeah. Just needed to clear my head".

Korra placed a hand on Asami's shoulder. "Don't worry".

"Well I think I'll worry anyway", Asami said with a smile.

Her smile fell, turning back to a worried expression.

"You want something to eat??", she offered. "I could go get you something".

Korra thought for a moment. She was quite hungry by then.

"Um.............. sure".

"Let's get you back in bed", Asami said getting up.

She helped Korra up. They walked over to the bed. Korra sat down slowly. She suddenly winced. She brought a hand to her side. She could feel the bruises she'd received the day before. Her whole body hurt.

"You okay??", Asami asked, wrapping an arm around Korra.

"Yeah", Korra said. "I'm fine".

Asami was unconvinced.

"Korra", she said, giving her a look. "Don't lie to me".

Korra glanced up at her. Her eyes then wandered to the floor.

"It's just the bruises.......".

"I'll go get the healer", Asami said rising to her feet. "Stay in bed".

"Yes Ma'am", Korra said with a half hearted salute.

Asami walked out of the room quickly to fetch the healer. Korra sighed and sat back. She rested her head on the headboard of the bed.

"Hurry back", she mumbled, closing her eyes.
-----------------------

Korra slurped her soup quietly. She stared down at the bowl.