New Enemies

Chapter 48

(New Enemies)

It was late afternoon as Callista and her friends arrived in Missoula, Montana. The orphanage was hidden and it was important it stay that way. As a result few were allowed to accompany and learn its location. Cavin had allowed Callista and her friends as well as King Aidan and his guards along with the other guardians but that was all.

“I thought we were going to Nday,” Brandy said confused as they approached a school. “This is Faith Academy Boarding School.”

“It’s hidden. Not just anyone is to be able to locate it,” Cavin explained as he continued leading the group toward two large thick wooden doors at the entrance to a large brown and cream three story brick building.

“Cavin,” Braiden said as they got closer to the building. One of the doors was open just barely on one side. The guardians instantly recognized it as abnormal. All four guardians drew their swords immediately.

“Callista stay here,” Aidan said as he and his guards had their swords in hand as well. Callista went to disagree but the king was ready. “You must be protected as you are the future of Shalace. Once we have determined no danger you may enter.”

“Greer, Will, remain with her highness and the young ladies,” Cavin ordered. Instantly Callista’s remaining guards took on protective positions on either side of the four young women.

“Cavin…”

The dark haired man looked at her and gave a small smile. “I know you’re brave my lady but you come first.” Turning Braiden and he entered the building with Aidan and his personal guard right behind them.

“Is this really bad?” Brandy asked looking over at the blonde man named Will.

“It’s not good. This place is to be secured at all times,” Will told the mortal raised women. He looked the area over; looking for signs of danger. “Cavin expects something to be wrong.”

“How would they know about this place though?” Lola said confused. “If it’s such a secret then…”

“Alana,” Callista said wrapping her arms around her and lowering her head. “It seems she may have betrayed more than just me now.”

“Betrayed you or saved you?” Callista looked over to see a man dressed in black and dark grey step out from some trees off to the side of the school. His pants and vest were gray while his shirt underneath the vest was dark gray. His hair was long and wavy; loosely hanging around his shoulders and down his back. He had no bangs and his hair was parted just to the left side.

“You are a very beautiful girl princess,” He said praising her appearance. “As are your friends.” Callista watched as his eyes traveled over her friends before landing on Lola. “Very pretty indeed.”

Callista instinctively stepped closer to Lola. “Who are you?” She demanded.