A different view point

Chapter Four

(A different view point)

Callista walked the halls and headed out to the front of the castle. She had her skateboard in hand and wanted to see how she’d do riding over the pavement of this world. She was guessing it would be like the paved roads of long ago. Stone is what she was expecting.

She walked outside to the paved area and looked around. It wasn’t cobblestone like she’d expected. It was smooth, and she wasn’t really sure what it was. Callista didn’t care though. As long as it was smooth she could ride her skateboard.

She put her helmet on and started riding her skateboard around. After riding for a bit, she stopped and looked at the railing on the stairs. A large smile spread across her face.

Callista picked up the skateboard and headed to the top of the stairs. She looked at her guards.

“Don’t freak!” she called. She then jumped up on the railing with her skateboard and rode the railing down. She was doing fine until someone screamed. She lost her balance and tumbled off the railing. Callista rolled a few times on the ground and then looked back in the direction of the scream.

“My Lady!” the guards cried, running to her.

Callista laughed. “Well, that wasn’t exactly the way I planned that to go.” She looked at her concerned guards. “I’m fine,” she assured them and got up.

“You’re bleeding,” a guard pointed out, concerned.

Callista looked down at her scraped up knee. “Oh, don’t worry, I’ve had much worse,” she assured the men. “Did you have to scream?” she asked, looking at Marriana.

“What were you thinking?!” the queen cried in shock.

“That riding the railing would be fun?” the teenage girl replied unconcerned. “It was as well, till you screamed.” She picked up her board. “Let’s try that again.”

“No, you have lessons,” Marriana announced. She grabbed Callista’s hand and practically dragged her back into the palace and down the hall.

Before Callista could ask or even protest the direction they were going, she found herself in a large ballroom.

“What happened?” Lianna asked, seeing the scraped knee.

“She screamed,” Callista replied, openly unconcerned. She looked down to see her knee was still bleeding and shrugged. She walked over and picking up a napkin, using it to wipe the dripping blood off.

“Callista, are you okay?” Alana asked, walking in. She looked at the skateboard and back at the teenage girl. “What new trick were you trying?”

“I was riding the railing, she screamed and I lost my balance,” Callista said with a shrug, completely unconcerned as she nodded towards Marriana.

Alana just shook her head at her granddaughter. This certainly wasn’t the first time she’d seen her granddaughter with a skinned up knee.

“She does these kind’s of things on a regular basis?” Marriana asked, openly disturbed by the idea. Alana shrugged as Callista rolled her eyes.

Alana and Callista worked to get the bleeding to stop and then the two-fae women sat her down before a table to teach her proper table manners. Callista looked at Alana and laughed. The young blonde haired girl started laughing so hard she fell out of the chair.

“Just because I don’t wear dresses and can’t dance doesn’t mean I don’t know any etiquette,” Callista informed them. She shook her head as she got up and headed for the door. She paused at the door and glanced back at her grandmother. “Thanks, Grams.” Turning back around she left the room with two appalled fae women watching after her.