Chapter 20

Clary and Jace arrived at the Wayland manor.
      "Wait it's here?" Clary asked.
      "Yeah we need to go to the library." Jace said as he walked through the manor into a massive room full of books.

      Amelia and Raphael were sat in Amelia's room when they heard shouting coming from outside. Amelia looked up at Raphael from her phone and frowned.
      "What's that all about?" Amelia asked.
      "I have no idea." Raphael replied. "I think we should check it out."
      "Yeah." Amelia replied and stood up, walking out of her room with Raphael behind her.

      They walked outside and followed the noise of the shouting which led them to a shocking sight. A member of the clave was dead, hanging from the top of the Accords Hall. Amelia stopped dead in her tracks, a hand over her mouth and the other over her heart.
      "By the Angel." She whispered.
      They walked closer and saw that on the side of the Accords Hall, there was a message written in the Shadowhunter's blood.
Good luck winning the war heroes, E.
      "Who's 'E'?" Amelia heard someone shout.
      Amelia looked at Raphael, who looked back at her with the same shocked expression she had. Evie. Amelia mouthed to Raphael and he nodded back with a pale looking face - if that was even possible for a vampire.
"Hey what's going?" Isabelle walked over with Alec and Magnus by her side.
As soon as they saw the dead body and writing, their faces lost all their colour.
"How could Evie do such a thing?" Izzy asked.
"Sebastian." Amelia growled.
"Where's Simon?" Raphael asked.
"With Max." Alec replied. "We have to stop Valentine and Sebastian before Evie turns even more dark."
"Clary and Jace have gone to find a way to wake up Jocelyn so hopefully when she's awake, this will all be over soon." Magnus said.
      "They need to hurry." Izzy stated.
      "Yeah. It's been a day since Evie joined Sebastian and Valentine and she's already killed." Amelia said.
      "What are the clave going to do about this?" Someone shouted as the Inquisitor and a few clave members made their way through the crowd to the Accords Hall.
      "We're not safe here!" Another person shouted.
      The Inquisitor stood at the Accords Hall, trying to calm everyone down.
      "We do not know who 'E' is but you must stay in Idris. It will be no safer outside of Idris than it already is inside Idris." People started to shout over the Inquisitor. Amelia looked at the Inquisitor who shared a glance with her as if to say, this was what I was telling you before.
      "It's part of Valentine's plan." Amelia said to Raphael, Alec, Magnus and Izzy. "Now that Evie's on his and Sebastian's side, he's using her against us. He's trying to make us suffer from it. He wants us to try and find her but we can't. We'll just get ourselves killed."
      "Jocelyn needs to wake up soon." Raphael said. "She'll know what to do about Sebastian. She might be able to lure him out, and Evie with him."
      "I think we should get back to the manor." Alec spoke up. "Make sure nothing happens to Max or Simon."
      They all agreed and made their way back to the manor.

      They were all sat on the couch and chairs, talking about what they had just seen.
      "At least nobody apart from us know that 'E' means 'Evie'." Amelia said. "Otherwise they would punish Evie badly."
      "I just don't understand how this has happened." Alec looked frustrated so Magnus stroked his back, comfortingly and kissed his cheek. That seemed to make Alec relax a little.
      "How could we be so blind and trust Sebastian?" Izzy frowned.
      "Well the Penhallows have never met the real Sebastian before so I guess they didn't know what he looked like and the fact that they trusted him made us trust him." Amelia said.
      "Do we even know that it was Evie who did it? It could have been Sebastian or Valentine acting as Evie." Simon suggested.
      "It was Evie." Raphael said. "Sebastian and Valentine would have done something much more vile."
      "It sounds pretty gruesome to me." Simon said.
      Max walked into the room then. "What happened?"
      "Oh nothing Max. Look it's getting late I think you should go to bed." Alec said.
      "How come I never get to hear the good stuff?" Max whined.
      "Because you're nine years old and we don't want you to have nightmares." Izzy laughed.
      "I don't have nightmares." Max frowned and crossed his arms over his chest.
      "Really?" Amelia laughed. "What about the time we read a new manga series and it creeped you out so you had to sleep in my room."
      "Well I was seven! I'm nine now! And I'm not tired!" Max argued.
      Amelia rolled her eyes. "Fine you can stay up." She laughed. "Come and sit down then."
      Max grinned and ran over, sitting next to Amelia. "So what were you talking about?"
      "Oh we're not talking about that in front of you." Izzy said.
      "What? But you just said I could sit with you!" Max whined.
      "Well we're changing the subject." Alec said. "Trust me Max. If you can't handle a manga you read with Amelia then I don't think you'll be able to handle real life situations."
      "I was seven!" Max argued.
      Luckily, Aline walked into the room, changing the subject.
      "Hey guys." She smiled.
      "Hey Aline." Magnus greeted her. "Come sit with us."
      "Thanks." Aline smiled and sat down.
      "You're not going to talk about what you were talking about before are you?" Max whispered to Amelia.
      "Not a chance." Amelia whispered back and Max rolled his eyes.
      They all got straight into conversation. It was about a much lighter subject, which helped make them not think too much about Evie being dark. Amelia realised that Clary and Jace wouldn't know what's happened. How would Jace react? He'd probably blame himself again. A part of Amelia wished he knew what had happened but another part of her was glad he didn't see it. He didn't need to beat himself up anymore about it. It was crushing him.

---------------------------------------------

Total Word Count: 1060

I updated ayyyy! So Evie has killed a member of the clave ooooh snap!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Tell me what you think!