Chapter 10

A/N: IMPORTANT! So in the book I know Raphael turned Simon into a vampire but in the TV show, Camille turns him into a vampire so I've done it that way!

---------------------------------------------

"It just looks like a wine glass." Clary said as she looked at the Mortal Cup.
"That wine glass saved your life." Jace said.
"What if, what if I hadn't gotten the Cup out in time?" Clary asked. "That demon - "
"But you did." Jace said. "First rule of Shadowhunting when something explodes, just keep walking. Never think twice. Never look away."
"And what's the second rule?" Clary asked.
A whip suddenly grabbed the Mortal cup and Clary looked to see Amelia and stood next to her, Izzy with the cup in her hand. "There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." Izzy said. She walked down the steps, still with Amelia at her side, and passed the cup back to Clary. Clary put the cup back in the card and they all walked over to Jace, Evie and Alec.
"Alec, what are you doing?" Jace asked as he walked over to Evie and Alec, who was looking at the screens. "You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that. No Downworlder can come into the Institute." Jace said.
"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Amelia said.
"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter." Evie replied.
"The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave." Alec said.
"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it." Clary argued.
"My brother is right." Izzy spoke up. "The Cup is extremely important."
"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asked Izzy.
"I'm full of surprises." She smirked.
"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back." Clary said.
"I agree with Clary." Jace said. "We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip."
"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it." Clary said.
"There you go." Jace looked at Alec. "You have her word."
Alec sighed before saying, "Follow me."
Clary followed Alec and they came to a room where there were runes on the floor. He bent down to the floor and got out his stele and ran it along the rune on a tile in the floor. The tile rose up and opened. Clary gave Alec the card with the cup inside and he put it on a small shelf before running his stele across the rune on the tile again and it went back to being a normal tile.
"Alec, I realize I couldn't have done any of this without your help." Clary said. "I wanna thank you."
"Don't misread this as friendship." Alec replied. "Since you've arrived, our whole world's been turned upside down."

Clary looked at her phone and saw she had missed calls from Simon so she decided to ring him.
"It's Simon. Leave a message." And then there was a beep.
"Simon, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner." Clary said. "Been crazy busy. We found the Cup. I have so much to tell you. Call me back."
One of the monitors started beeping and they all went to look at it.
"What the huh?" Alec walked over to the screens. The beeping got louder.
"There's something outside the perimeter." Jace said, looking at the screen.
"I told you - "
"Don't say it." Jace cut Alec off.
      "What's happening?" Clary asked.
      "Looks like someone's trying to break in." Evie replied.
      "Could be the Circle." Amelia suggested.
      "Told you so." Alec said as they started to walk outside with a weapon each in their hands.
      "Too soon." Jace sighed.

      When they got outside, they saw a figure holding a body.
      "Don't move." Jace said to the figure, as they all held up their weapons.
      "Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Alec said.
      The figure turned around and Amelia immediately dropped her seraph blade to the floor and gasped.
      "Raphael?" She asked as she stared at him, holding Simon's body. She wanted to scream and cry. Did Raphael kill him?
      Everyone lowered their weapons and Clary ran over. She gasped when she saw Simon. "Oh, my God, Simon!"