Chapter 14

A/N: I haven't updated in ages wow sorry 😬

---------------------------------------------

      Clary was going to go to Idris with the rest of the group because there was a warlock called Ragnor Fell who could help to wake her mother. The group were stood outside the Institute and Clary wasn't there. Simon walked over and Jace grabbed his arm, pulling him somewhere private to talk.

Jace was telling Simon to make sure Clary doesn't go through the portal and to Idris when they heard demons attacking. Jace ran to his family and Simon followed behind him. They found Magnus frantically trying to open the portal, Raphael fighting the demons and biting them, Maryse and Robert fighting whilst making sure Max was ok, Alec using his bow and quiver to make sure demons didn't attack Magnus whilst he tried to open the portal, and Izzy, Evie and Amelia slicing through demons with their seraph blades, Izzy occasionally using her whip. Jace instantly went into battle mode and grabbed his seraph blade, spinning and slicing through three demons at once. Simon wasn't paying attention and a demon attacked him. He fell to the floor and Jace grabbed hold of him, running through the portal that Magnus just opened. Maryse and Robert ran through with Max next, then Izzy ran through and Raphael, Evie and Amelia followed. Clary arrived just in time to see the demons. She saw Alec quickly kiss Magnus and run through the portal. Magnus was about to close the portal and Clary ran for it. She got through just in time and the portal closed behind her. (A/N: I know this didn't happen in the book but yeah.)

      Clary landed beside Jace and Jace looked at her in shock.
      "Clary? How are you here?" Jace stood up and helped her up.
      "I jumped through the portal at last minute." Clary smiled and Jace hugged her. Clary saw Simon stood behind Jace and frowned. "Simon?"
      "Oh yeah. I got attacked by one of the demons so Jace pulled me through the portal with him." Simon explained.
      "Really? You can't stand Simon." Clary smiled at Jace.
      "Well he's your friend and I couldn't exactly leave him to die could I." Jace smiled back and Clary kissed him.

      Maryse, Robert, Max, Jace, Clary, Evie, Simon, Amelia, Raphael, Izzy and Alec arrived at the Penhallows house. Aline and her cousin, Sebastian greeted them.
"Hello Aline." Maryse smiled. "And Sebastian." They all walked in and shook hands with them. They all went to their rooms, getting everything ready.

Amelia was sat on the sofa next to Raphael, with Evie sat on the other side of her. Jace was sat next to Clary and Izzy was upstairs with Simon. Alec was sat on the floor with Max and Maryse and Robert were with the clave.
      "He is bangable." Amelia heard Evie say next to her as Evie looked Sebastian up and down. And then Evie's eyes widened as she realised what she just said. "I mean like he would be easy to beat up."
      "Sure Evie, sure." Amelia laughed.
      "Evie there are nine year old boys such as Max here." Alec said.
      "I bet Raphael knows what you mean with the whole bangable thing but for Amelia." Jace said and Amelia looked at him in shock.
      "Woah woah woah. What are you talking about?" Amelia asked with wide eyes. "We're just friends."
      "Damn Raphael just got friend zoned." Jace said and Amelia scowled at him.
      "Well this is awkward." Sebastian said but he winked at Evie, making Evie blush.
      "Amelia?" Max stood up.
      "Yeah." Amelia smiled and Max walked over to her with a manga in his hands.
      "Can we read this now?" He asked and Amelia smiled.
      "Sure." Amelia said and Max sat next to her, opening the book and started to read.

      It was night now and Raphael was laying on his side, facing Amelia. Amelia was laying on her side too, facing Raphael. They were laying in bed, talking, in Amelia's room in the Penhallow's house.
      Amelia noticed Raphael looked paler than usual and there were black circles under his eyes. She touched her fingers to the black circles, delicately and frowned a little.
      "How long has it been since you fed?" Amelia asked.
      "A while." Raphael replied, not really sure on how long it had actually been.
      Amelia gave him a small, sympathetic smile and moved her hair away from her neck. Raphael stared at her neck, and gulped when he saw her pulse moving.
      "I can see your pulse. I can hear your heart beat. I can smell the blood in your veins." Raphael said, struggling away a little.
      "It's ok." Amelia said. "Drink my blood."
      "What? N-no I can't!" Raphael went wide-eyed.
      "It's ok." Amelia repeated. "You won't hurt me."
      "I will though! I don't want to hurt you! What if I can't stop?"
      "You'll be able to stop." Amelia said. "I trust you."
      "I can't - "
      "You can." Amelia argued.
      Raphael stared at her. "I'll become a daylighter." He said.
      "Don't you want that? To move around in daylight?" Amelia asked.
      "Yes but not if it costs your life." Raphael argued.
      "Raphael. Please. You haven't fed and you're suffering. I can't watch you suffer." Amelia said and Raphael sighed.
      He nodded, giving in, so Amelia moved closer to him, moving her hair out the way again. Raphael breathed in a little and then bit Amelia's neck. Amelia felt a sharp pain go through her neck as Raphael's fangs sunk into her skin. She gasped in pain but then felt quite relaxed. Raphael started drinking Amelia's blood. It was sweet angel blood. He closed his eyes and drank more and more. Amelia could feel herself weakening but didn't move to stop Raphael. She just relaxed more and more. Raphael carried on drinking her blood until he realised he was probably killing her and quickly pulled away. He looked at Amelia and saw she had her eyes closed and she had paled a little. Raphael panicked and shook her shoulders. Amelia's eyes fluttered open and she looked at him weakly with her big brown eyes.
      "Are you ok?" Raphael asked, worried.
      "Yeah I'm fine." Amelia smiled. "I'm just a little bit weak and need to sleep."
      "Ok." Raphael smiled, relieved she wasn't dead. Amelia fluttered her eyes closed and Raphael kissed her forehead. Amelia's lips curved up into a smile before she fell asleep and Raphael lied next to her, looking at her beautiful, peaceful, sleeping features.

---------------------------------------------

Total Word Count: 1111

So Raphael's a daylighter now woooooooooo haha 😂

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Tell me what you think!

Vote / Comment / Share