Chapter 1

A/N: PLEASE READ! Heyyyyy! Ok so this chapter is when they're all older and the age they are in the books and TV show! Also, please read the author's note at the end!

---------------------------------------------

      Amelia, Alec, Izzy and Jace were following a demon into a club called Pandeomonium when Jace bashed into a girl who turned to look at him.
      "Hey. Can you watch we're you're going?" She said.
      Jace turned to look at her. "You can see me?" He asked.
      "Yeah, that's kind of the point, but you obviously didn't see me." She said.
      "You have the Sight."
      "Wait, the what?" The girl asked.
"How can I not know who you are?" Jace asked.
      "Has that line seriously ever worked for you?" The girl asked. "Even once?"
      "Jace!" Alec shouted for him and he turned away from the girl to join the rest of the group. Amelia saw the girl look to her friends and saw how confused they were as to who she was talking to.
      They probably think she's crazy. Amelia thought.
      "Amelia come on, let's go." Izzy said and grabbed Amelia's arm. Amelia turned around to realise that Jace and Alec had already gone inside and she had just been stood there wondering who the girl was. She didn't trust her.
      They walked through the club, following the demon into a kind of VIP area. Isabelle was the distraction. She always was. Amelia was never good at being the distraction. She didn't really like wearing the kind of clothes Izzy wore; she mainly wore leather jackets and jeans and tops, which was completely different to Isabelle.
      Jace was talking to the demon, trying to get information and pulled out a seraph blade, when the girl he had bumped into outside screamed, "Watch out!" She ran at the demon and pushed her out the way, obviously thinking the demon was a mundane in danger.
      As soon as that happened, all hell broke loose. Jace pushed the girl out the way and she fell and slid across the floor as demons started to attack. Two demons were either side of Amelia so she spun around with her seraph blade and sliced through them both at once. Izzy had her whip, making sure she caught hold of any demon trying to attack her or the others. Alec had his bow and quiver, shooting at demons. The girl was still on the floor when Jace walked over to her.
      "Are you hurt?" He asked as he helped her up. But more demons were attacking and Jace's seraph blade was on a couch.
      "Alec!" Jace shouted and Alec threw a seraph blade to him so that Jace could stab and slice more demons.
      The girl got hold of the seraph blade on the couch and looked at it. It lit up when she held it and Jace pushed a demon into the blade. The demon vaporised and the girl looked in shock as Jace took the blade from her. The girl ran out of the VIP area and out of the club. Once all the demons were sent back to hell, the group stood together and watched after the girl.
      "Who was that girl?" Amelia asked.
      "I don't know. But I'm going after her. Who knows what demons are following her." Jace said and started to walk away.
      "Jace! Jace wait!" Alec shouted after him and he turned to look at Alec. "Why go through this effort for one mundane.?"
      "I'm pretty sure she's no mundane." Jace replied.
      "What are you talking about?" Izzy asked.
      "The seraph blade lit up when she held it. She's a Shadowhunter." He explained before walking away.
      "Jace!" Alec shouted after him but he carried on walking away.
      "Come on let's get back to the institute." Izzy said and started to walk away.
      "I don't like this." Alec said as Amelia came to stand next to him.
      "Me neither. This won't end well." She said and they both glanced at each other before following Isabelle back to the institute.

      Jace walked into the institute, a few hours later, with the girl, collapsed, in his arms.
      "Jace, what happened?" Izzy asked.
      "Just as I thought. A demon followed her. She needs to go to the infirmary." He said as he carried her there.
      Izzy, Alec and Amelia followed after him. He laid her down on one of the beds and got out a stele.
      "Woah. Jace she could become forsaken ..." Alec started to tell him.
      "She's not a mundane Alec." Jace said and started to mark an iratze on her neck.

      Isabelle sat on the bed when the girl woke up with a gasp and sat up quickly, smacking her head against Izzy's.
      "Ow." Izzy said as the girl sat up properly. They had found out her name was Clary. Clary Fray.
      "Wait, I don't know who you ..."
      "I'm Isabelle." Izzy told her. "I've never seen Jace so curious about a mundane ... or distracted. Like you saw earlier, distractions are dangerous in our line of work."
      "I have no idea what you're talking about." The girl, Clary said. "Who's Jace?"
      "You really don't know much, do you?" Izzy asked rhetorically.
      "All I know is some psychos took my mother, and now you people have taken me."
      "And by taken I assume you mean saved your life?" Amelia said as her, Jace and Alec walked in. "I'm Amelia by the way." She said, standing next to Alec, who spoke next.
      "A mundane shouldn't even be here." He said.
      "Where is here exactly?" The girl questioned.
      "She's not a mundane, Alec." Jace came to stand next to the bed.
      "How do you know that?" Alec questioned.
      "Because the seraph blade lit up when she touched it." Jace explained. "Look, Isabelle, can you ..." Isabelle moved out of the way and Jace sat where Izzy was sat on the bed. "I'm Jace Wayland."
      The girl started to say who she was but Jace interrupted her;
      "Clary Fray, we know who you are."
      "Am I the only one who finds this unusual?" Alec asked.
      "You find everything unusual, Alec." Jace said.
      "I find this unusual too." Amelia told them.
      "I have to report this to the Clave." Alec said.
      "You know what? Dial it down a notch." Jace said.
      "My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you, Alec, but you have a switch that's always on." Isabelle said.
      "I love you, too. But this ..."
      "Hey, you know what? Give me a minute." Jace said and nobody moved. Jace sighed. "Here's a word you never hear me say. Please?"
      "What is with you?" Alec asked.
      "Ok I can see this starting an argument which I don't want to be a part of and there are things that need to be done so I'm going to go." Amelia said, walking away, and started to try to find out information.
      Soon, Alec and Izzy walked into the entrance of the institute, where all of the technology was.
      "Hey. How'd it go?" Amelia asked.
      "Jace is staying there with Clary. I left her some of my clothes for her to wear." Izzy told her.
      "I don't trust her." Alec said.
      "Come on Alec, you don't know her." Isabelle said.
      "Iz, have you ever thought that maybe that's the reason why we don't trust her?" Amelia said.
      "Wait we? You don't trust her either?"
      "I understand where Alec is coming from and it's kind of hard to trust her." Amelia told her.

      Clary and Jace had gone outside of the institute and came back in with a boy with dark hair.
      "What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" Alec asked.
      "A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." Jace explained. Amelia walked to her room and missed the rest of the conversation. She walked into her room, took her black leather jacket off, chucked it on her bed and grabbed her phone. She checked it for texts and had a few so she answered them whilst walking back to where the others were. She got back to them just as Izzy was introducing her and Alec.
      "This is Alec, my brother and I'm Isabelle." She said then saw Amelia walking over. "And this is Amelia, my sister and parabati."
      "Lewis. Simon, Simon Lewis. Two first names. Am I still talking?" Amelia couldn't help but smirk at how nervous this mundane was getting with Izzy.
      "See? Best friend's safe and sound here." Jace said.
      "Jace, if anything happens to him ..." Clary started.
      "Go on, I'll be fine." Simon said. "I think."
      "Where are we going?" Clary asked.
      "Training room." Jace said. "Hey, uh don't eat the food. Dangerous." Jace warned Simon before him and Clary walked away. Isabelle dragged Simon away so Alec and Amelia were left.
      "I swear these mundanes will be the death of me." Amelia said.
      "I'm glad we're on the same page about that." Alec said. "The clave isn't going to like any of this."

---------------------------------------------

Total Word Count: 1593

Hey! I know this chapter is A LOT like the first episode and a bit of the second episode of the TV show but from now on, it's going to be my own story line but there will be bits of the TV show and books included in it! I hope you'll enjoy it! Oh and I have another character on the way! I'm not telling you when though you'll have to read on and find out!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Tell me what you think!

Vote / Comment / Share