Chapter 13

A/N: I don't even know if this chapter will be any good but let's just go with it

---------------------------------------------

      Alec and Amelia walked into the institute and a girl with black hair saw Alec.
      "Hey Alec." She said and then took a second look, now looking at Amelia. "Amelia? By the Angel you found her!" The girl hugged Amelia tightly.
      "Sorry, who are you?" Amelia asked.
      "Izzy, I'm your parabatai!" Izzy told her.
      "My what?"
      "We'll have to explain everything." Alec told Izzy.
      "What's going on?" A blond girl walked over. "Holy crap it's you!" The girl leaped at Amelia and hugged her.
      "And you are?" Amelia asked.
      "Evie." Evie said as she pulled away. "I'm guessing you still don't remember anything?"
      "No she doesn't, but she's starting to." Alec said. "Look at her hand." He held Amelia's hand up to the two girls. "She burned the rune into her skin herself, well it was in her sleep, but she still did it and she has her stele and witch stone."
      "By the Angel." The two girls said, wide-eyed.
      "Amelia?" A blond boy and orange haired girl walked over.
      "Yeah. Who are you?" She asked.
      "Jace." The boy introduced himself and hugged her.
      "Clary." The girl hugged Amelia next.
      "Ok. Hi." Amelia said. "This is all so confusing."
      "Alec! Where have you been ..." A woman who looked like Izzy walked over but trailed off what she was saying when she saw Amelia.
      "Who are you?" Amelia asked.
      "Maryse. Me and my husband adopted you when you were nine. Alec you found her!" The woman said, with a happy and shocked look on her face. She hugged Amelia and when she pulled away, she shouted, "Robert! Max!" and a man and a boy walked in. They both stopped dead in their tracks when they saw her and then the boy ran up to her and hugged her.
      "I missed you." The boy said.
      Amelia didn't know what to say so she just looked at the others.
      "This is Max." Alec said. "Your little brother."
      "Hi. I'm Robert. Your adoptive father." The man said and hugged her. "Good to have you back." He smiled.
      "Hi." Amelia replied, not really knowing what else to say.
      "Do you think we should call Raphael?" Izzy smirked.
      "Not now Isabelle." Robert said.
      "Why not? He'll be happy to see her."
      "You know we don't approve of Amelia and Raphael being friends." Maryse scowled.
      "Sorry why's that?" Amelia asked.
      "It's because he's a downworlder and our parents don't approve of us interacting with downworlders." Izzy said, staring at her mother.
      "What's a downworlder?" Amelia asked.
      "We'll explain everything later. I think you need some sleep. It's late and you must be very confused and exhausted." Maryse lead Amelia to her bedroom.
      They walked into the room and all the walls were white. There was a double bed in the middle of the room, with the head of it against the wall, with black bedding that had white polka dots on it, that was neatly tucked into the sides of the bed. There was a window at the far end of the room and under it was a book shelf where there were some novel series and also Shadowhunter books. Beside the bed was a bedside table with a picture frame on it. Inside the picture frame was a picture of Maryse and Robert, and then in front of them stood Amelia, Evie, Izzy, Clary, Jace, Alec and Max. They were all laughing, looking down at Max.
      "Your tutor, Hodge, took that picture." Maryse said. "That was before he betrayed us." A dark and saddened look flooded into Maryse' eyes.
      On the other side of the room, in front of the bed, stood a dressing table where there was makeup, jewellery and hair stuff set up neatly on it. Above the dressing table, hung a small round mirror on the wall. In the corner of the room, was a wardrobe. It was made out of wood but painted white, as was the bedside table and dressing table.
      "We kept it exactly how you left it, in hopes we would find you some day." Maryse smiled.
      "Thank you." Amelia smiled back.
      "I'll let you settle in and get some sleep." Maryse walked out of the room.
      Amelia walked over to the bedside table and placed the stele and witch stone on it. She walked over to the wardrobe and opened it. There hung about five pairs of black, skinny jeans. Two of them were ripped at the knees. There were plain black t-shirts but also dark blue ones and some that had random designs on them. There were three black leather jackets and one grey hoodie and one black hoodie. There was a set of training clothes for each day. Under the clothes, there were shoes. There was two pairs of white Superstars with black stripes. There was two pairs of black converse and two pairs of black vans. There was one pair of black, 5 inch heels and above them hung a short, black, stretchy dress - the only dress in the whole wardrobe. She guessed that the dress and heels went together.
"I got you the dress." Amelia turned to look at the door where she saw Izzy stood there smiling.
"You don't really like wearing dresses or skirts but you let me buy you that dress and heels for when we go to parties and clubs." Izzy laughed and Amelia smiled.
Izzy walked into the room and sat on the bed.
"You wore it when Magnus and Alec first met. We went to a downworlder rave to get answers from Magnus for Clary and that's when Magnus and Alec first met." Izzy smiled but all Amelia's reply was a confused look.
"It's so weird seeing you like this. It's you but not really you." Izzy said.
"This is all so much to take in." Amelia sat next to Izzy.
"You were such a talented Shadowhunter." Izzy smiled. "And a great sister and best friend. You always talked to us when we had problems. You would stay up until whatever time, listening to us ranting to you about our problems."
"I'm guessing we were close?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah we were." Izzy smiled and there was a sad look in her eyes. "You were close with everyone really but when my parents first adopted you, we just instantly became friends. It took Alec some time to get used to having a new family member. We already knew each other before you were adopted and we grew up together but we weren't immensely close. Then Jace was adopted a year after you and Alec liked Jace instantly. We took some time getting used to Jace but we got used to him after about a week."
"So you, Alec and Jace are my siblings?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah." Izzy smiled. "And Max."
"What's Evie and Clary to me?"
"Both close friends. We met Evie because she was Jace's childhood friend and then we met Clary because her mother went missing and she had no idea she was a Shadowhunter and we've found her mother but trying to wake her up." Izzy explained.
"This is all so confusing." Amelia said.
"I know. It would be so much easier if you could just remember."
"Izzy, let Amelia sleep." Robert stood at the door.
"Fine." Izzy sighed. "Goodnight!"
"Night." Amelia replied and Izzy walked out of the room.
Amelia walked back over to the wardrobe to search for some pyjamas. At the bottom of the wardrobe, under the doors of the wardrobe, were three draws. The first draw had underwear in it and the second draw had pyjamas in it. Both draws' contents were folded neatly and she grabbed a pair of pyjamas to wear. They were a tank top and jogger bottoms. Amelia got changed before brushing her hair and teeth and getting into bed. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep within seconds.