Love, Finale

Part 1: a boys story finale

Two Months Later, a day before Christmas

"Josh?" I whispered into the darkness. I found myself wandering the streets, aimlessly looking for something. "Josh?" I called again, this time a bit longer. He was nowhere. Nothing…I could almost sense the absentness. I felt so empty and cold.

Finally, I saw him. He was across the street, waiting, ominously. I breathed a sigh of relief, and as I crossed the street I wondered idly how I got here. He turned and ran before I got the chance to catch him, and I couldn't register the sound of screeching tires before my heart lurched to a stop and I shot up in bed.

Josh wasn't by my side. He was gone! I threw the covers off of me and decided to go check myself in the mirror for any leftover bruises from our rough sex. I stripped and observed myself in the full-body mirror behind the door; almost completely gone…he'll be happy. I grinned to myself and went to look for him. He came through my doorway as I left the bathroom. I smiled, but the expression on my face quickly changed to confusion as he handed me a tuxedo. I gripped the hanger, then gave him a questioning look.

"Put it on, every one's waiting downstairs." He pecked me quickly on the lips and turned towards the door before I had a chance to ask him what was going on. It was then that I noticed he was also wearing a tux, it accentuated his curves and figure flawlessly. I slipped the tux over my body, brushed my teeth, and straightened my hair before heading out the door.

Downstairs the first thing I noticed was the flower pedals everywhere, and my heart skipped a beat as the first option popped up in my head. Was today the day we would wed? No…we hadn't agreed on a date yet…then…what's going on?

The second thing I noticed was Jake sitting at the table. He was also wearing a black tux like me and as soon as he saw I'd reached the bottom of the stairs he stood up and took my hand, his eyes glistening with tears. They weren't happy tears, they were tears of pain. I could almost feel the sadness as it ghosted around the room. I was confused, extremely confused…

I felt another person take my hand, this time a gentler touch. Emily's cheeks were streaked with tears, the same expression on her face and the same sadness in her eyes. I looked down at her, wondering what she would be wearing; a black dress with two simple straps. Izzy wrapped her arms around my neck and I felt her cold tears on my neck, she wore the same thing as Em.

"Guys," I started, but I then I noticed Josh standing by the open door. He put a finger to his lips, gesturing for me to silence myself; I stopped talking. He motioned for me to follow him out. I nudged everybody off of me carefully and as politely as I could before following him. After I was out the door I realized we were all getting in the same silver car. A car I'd never seen before. I sat next to him and he gave me a smile, but it never reached his eyes. He looked…emotionless. Empty. The car started moving.

"Where are we going?" I wondered out loud. He just grinned once more and turned to look out of the window. I sighed and looked forward, Emily leaning her head on my shoulder. I was about to ask where Cole was to fill the awkward silence, but that's when I noticed he was the one driving. Something about the silence prevented me from asking where we were going, and as much as the curiosity was killing me, I knew deep down in my heart that it was no place good.

The cars stopped and I followed Josh out the door, shutting it behind me. Everybody that came with us, and then about fifty other people dressed in black headed up the hill we had parked at the bottom of. I was about to follow, when something tugged on my arm, and I looked over my shoulder to see Josh heading the other direction towards a nearby forest. I had to jog to catch up, and it wasn't easy in a tux. As soon as I'd reached the edge of the forest Josh yanked me closer and pushed me up against a tree violently, gripping the white collar of my shirt. I kissed back feverishly, instantly turned on, as if all my worries had disappeared. I moaned and tangled my fingers in his hair, wanting so much more.