Familiar

Chapter One: Familiar

I breathed in deeply as I tried to decide what to wear. My second time going to a San Jose Sharks hockey game. It was hard trying to remember what the atmosphere felt like. I was only 9 when I went to the last game. I was 16 now and my mind traveled like lightning trying to grasp the foggy memories. I finally decided on a sweater and jeans. I let my natural curly hair flow down my shoulders. My hazel eyes showing more of a green color than blue today.

"Arabella it's time to go to the game!!" My dad yelled from downstairs.

"Okay, I'll be right there!" I yelled right back.

I grabbed my shoulder bag and ran downstairs. I got into the car and looked at my dad.

"Ready to go kiddo?" he asked cheerfully.

"Yes dad." I sighed in annoyance to him calling me 'kiddo'.

He started the engine to the car. I always seemed to zoom out when I was in vehicles. My mind always wandering to things that would never happen. I almost didn't notice that we had arrived at the stadium. When we finally got to our seats, I was already excited. The energy from the fans. The anticipation that almost consumed you. When the game started I decided at the 2nd period I would go to the bathroom. I of course got lost on my way back. I went the wrong way, but for some reason I felt the urge to keep going that way. Finally I looked up to see where I was when I laid my eyes on him. I didn't know his name. I just remembered his face. He was tall and handsome. His brown hair and those blue eyes. He glanced at me and smiled. I smiled back as he passed by me. I finally found my seat but couldn't shake that gorgeous face out of my mind. That was a face I would never forget.