13. Surprise!

A/N: So I know it’s been like ‘forever’ but again I don’t have that much time anymore and feel super bad but here’s to updating regularly in the future (future can be left up to you on how long that is, also regular can be taken a few different ways too).  But I promise I’ll update at least 3 times next week.  Thanks, lovelies…

.

.

Clair’s P.O.V.

.

“What, don’t tell me you haven’t done this before,” The Doctor laughed, raising his brow.

“Actually no, have you?” I shot back.

“Oh loads of times!” He exclaimed.

“That’s surprising… If you don’t mind me asking how old are you?”

As I said this the Doctor’s face contorted into pain, shocked by the memories that came with his thoughts.  I regretted saying it as soon as I saw his expression.

“Or you don’t have to answer.  It’s okay, really…”

“1206, that’s how old I am.  When you think I’m not looking I see you watching me, wondering how I could hold so much pain.  Sometimes you need to have fantasy take control and immerse yourself on memories of the past.  The weight piles up knowing everyone leaves me once again and I have nothing left.  Just like everyone else when they realize I’m an imaginary friend, there when they need to take a grasp of the world but far away when they think I’m not needed.  If you ever see me just remember that you’re my hold on the reality, to pull me out when I become too far away.  When you leave act like you’ll see me again because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.  And I don’t want you to forget me…”

At this the air turned noticeably darker, almost under a cloud of depression.  No one would ever think of his appearance to hold so much.  The Doctor was young but old at the same time.  His eyes told most of the story, glimpses of the past that were fascinating through the way he viewed everything around him.  The Doctor noticed the change, trying to make it a light conversation again.

“So are you ready to commit you’re first crime?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be…”

The Doctor started walking towards the window instead of the cracked door.  The door was completely open, why not go through there?  Sometimes he acts like such a child I don’t understand it...

“Umm, why don’t we use the door?” I asked, finally getting irritated.

“Would you go through an open door?  Talk about horror movie…”

And now he was starting to sound like a teenage girl, interesting…. Physically struggling with the window he gave up, starting to head towards the door…

“Why’re you taking the door, I thought it was like a horror movie…. Step in and 30 seconds later you’re dead?”

“Well I don’t know, maybe I was wrong but you’re going in first.  I’m not risking my life, besides its ladies first.”

“Fine but I don’t think that applies to situations like this… Don’t you have two hearts anyways, I’m sure you’d be fine!” I said, smiling at him.

“I’m not invincible you know.  Now go…”  He sighed, pushing me through the door.

Wow, way to be a jerk.  Apparently my life’s not important enough which reminds me I really should buy some device to protect myself if this is going to be scenario every time.  Just push Clair into everything, she’s so not important, just another teenage runaway. 

As I walked in, surrounding me a regular house, no I’m kidding that would be so boring but instead was a vast control room.  Looking at the outside, the shape didn’t fit inside the illusion.  In reality the house was a projection, a shape to hide what was on the inside from plain view of the rest of the world.  Connecting the main ship was the passage the Doctor and I had just come from, walking through a certain point would link you directly here.   But if you were practically blind, which totally fit our description a being would take the long way.

“Doctor, come on it’s completely safe, just a little surprising…” I called out not realizing the Doctor didn’t follow me at first.

The Doctor walked in, whistling as he went.  “Wow and I thought this was in the middle of nowhere….” He said walking over to another section of the controls.  “Complete with an automated stratosphere around the point where the ship’s docked.”

“So basically what you’re saying is that most of the controls are located here?” I asked, suddenly taking an interest in our surroundings.

“Pretty much, oh now I get it, you’re smart Clair.  Where did I ever find you?”

Sounded like a rhetorical question but I’m going to answer it anyway…

“Falling to my death or hell, take your pick…”

“Doesn’t matter but I’d say death, you’re just so innocent…”

“And that’s what you think…” I muttered low enough so he couldn’t hear.

“Clair can you help me find the frontal retractor?” The Doctor asked, arms full of random parts.

I shrugged, seeing him laugh in my peripheral vision.  What? Should I be expected to know what that looks like?  I don’t think so…

.

.

A\N:  Sorry, someone should beat some sense into me.  Not literally…  But I’ll probably update Wednesday or Tuesday for early.  Comment if any of you listen to All Time Low.  Listen to THERAPY or BACKSEAT SERANADE.  Anyways…. I'm going to finish this in about three chapters, maybe.

40 reads, 4 votes, 1 comment.

Erin Xx.