11. Will I Ever Know Why?

🎀 A\N:  So, I actually started early on this chapter, it’s a miracle 🎀  But It’ll probably posted late with revisions.  Absolutely Fantastic…

.

.

Doctors P.O.V.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING could be more confusing than the way Cybermen organized their architecture.  This could be a modern day Pentagon but unfortunately, I actually know my way around there.  Finding Clair was the least of my worries, having her listen to me was another matter entirely. Most people would probably call me a hypocrite because look at the T.A.R.D.I.S.

.

About five minutes and many random thoughts later, I found the infamous ‘conversion’ room.  The door was cracked open just enough that I could see inside but anyone looking out couldn’t see me.  The first room appeared empty at a glance but there was the clank of heavy machinery inside.  Well one way to find out would be walking in but that’s never fun.  The totally fun way is acting like a ninja…

As I entered the room after demonstrating various stealthy tactics, I was surprised to see the new ways of the conversion process.  The old way was extracting a beings brain and using it as a computer would use a hard drive.  The brain was used as a strategic tool to order the metal casing.  All emotion was stripped and put into a uniform base.  At least now there was a new method where they put the whole body into a metaphorical casing, not harming the brain but still suppressing all thoughts of feeling trapped.  Instead an intricate design of metal was pressed on the face, sending orders to the seniors.  (PICTURE ON SIDE) There was a chance Clair was back there, still fighting for independence.

I walked through the door to only see Cybermen and in the far back was Clair.  Clair seemed deep in concentration whispering rapidly to herself.  Ah, that may be the side effect of two minds sharing one body.

The Cybermen seemed to notice me the second I walked in, no I’m kidding I actually tripped over the… ground, yes don’t be surprised. 

(Great, coming up with a brilliant plan wasn’t always that easy.  So, if I just scrambled the circuits located in the cervical cortex, they should be de deactivated for as long as it takes for Clair and I to get away.   The only problem with that is the sonic screwdriver, last time I tried this it ended up setting 45 was meant to cook a turkey not disable a Cyberman.  This time it should be 201.  I only have one chance, if it didn’t work my life would end.  No, I’m just kidding, I mean I should still have two hearts.)

All my thoughts only took about 2 seconds, what can I say, TimeLords we’re just that fast (except when it comes to running, that’s an entirely different matter).  Taking out the sonic screwdriver, I turned it to 201 which better work or I swear I’ll break it into 201 pieces.  Although that would be extremely inconvenient.

The Cybermen all fizzed a blue spark at once, holding their heads as if from a migraine.  They hung limp as soon as they were deactivated still reminding me that they weren’t gone forever.  As soon as I was sure they weren’t acting ,as sometimes they tend to do that, I ran over to Clair making sure she was still alive.  As I checked her signs I realized that she had completely destroyed the other entity within her.  She was stronger than I thought which comes back to ‘never judge things by their face, try to look within’.

Well Clair wouldn’t be responsive for quite some time.  Picking Clair up I placed over my shoulder making sure it wouldn’t be too uncomfortable in the case she was to wake.

.

.

Walking through an empty corridor Clair was on my mind the whole time.  What did she mean ‘protect him with all my life’, sometimes she happens to talk in her sleep but I can’t figure who she talks about.  Sometimes I can see her mouth forming words but nothing ever come out.  Deluding myself won’t be the answer, I don’t have any idea what happened in her past life before I met her but one could assume something terrible happened that forced her to grow up to young.

.

.

A\N:  Just thought I’d update early ‘cause I’ll be gone tomorrow.  So COMMENT please I’m begging you.  So this might just wrap up sooner than expected but I plan on them having another adventure about trying to get back to the T.A.R.D.I.S. as its still in New York or London… I don’t know, I’ll pick later.  So, next update will be Tuesday?

For update later tomorrow… 3 votes, 25 reads, or ONE COMMENT.

ERIN Xx.