Epilogue Prt. 2

Last chapter.....let the tears fall...

But I don't think y'all really ready *_^

"All rise!"

Everyone in the court stood before the now entering judge.

"Judge Marion Greene presiding."

The older judge, who had light brown hair with a shade of grey in the front, took her seat before everyone. She banged her gavel and looked towards the warden.

"Bring in the next case."

"Case number 34. Chresanto August vs. The State of New York."

The doors were pushed open, as Chresanto was escorted into the courtroom. He had been changed into the orange jumpsuit that became all too familiar. The guard let him in, hands cuffed behind his back and all. He hung his head low, knowing there were fifty pairs of eyes on him. He dared to look up and see Lisa's parents scowl at him, cursing him under their breaths. When he did lift his head, his gaze was matched with Prince, who sat a few rows ahead of Lisa's parents. Prince had a pure hatred for Chresanto and wanted only the worse.

"Have a seat."

All the people in the courtroom sat down and anticipated the outcome of this trial.

*Half Hour Later*

"The defense asks a Jacob Perez to the stand."

Prince stood from his seat and by passed Ray, Prod and Myles, as he made his way to the stand. Chresanto didn't bother to look up, already knowing Prince had a hard gaze zeroed in on him. Prince took his seat on the stand, not once removing his hateful gaze from Chresanto.

"Place your hand on the bible."

Prince did as told.

"Do you swear to state the truth, whole truth and nothing but?" The warden repeated for the umpteenth time today.

"Yes."

Prince removed his hand and laid back in his seat, still holding the hateful stare.

"Now, Mr. Perez, is it?"

Prince didn't make a sound.

"Why don't you start by telling us your history with a Ms. Lisa Lovely."

He cleared his throat, before speaking.

"We were friends. I met her....eight years ago. I fell in love with her, but because of our age differences, her parents moved her away from me. Then I saw her again just a few months ago, and we continued communication-"

"Whoa, whoa wait. You said her parents....'moved her away'?" The defense lawyer asked, interrupting an already irritated Prince.

"Yes, they moved her away."

"It says here you all lived in...California. Am I right?"

"Yes."

"You also said, her parents moved her away because of......age differences. What was the age difference?"

He sighed, looking between shifty eyes. At this point, Chresanto had looked up in anticipation of Prince's answer. He didn't know where this was going, but the inner voices knew exactly where the lawyer was headed.

"I was twenty and.....and she-"

"She was what?"

Prince sighed deeply and ran his hand through his curls nervously.