Chapter 57: A Queen's Silver Locks

"I'll savor it. I'll spend my remaining times regretting not being a sensei to Sakura when she needed me the most." Kakashi stated, glaring at Kabuto. "So you do realize your mistake." A deep, yet familiar voice said, making Kakashi and Kabuto look his way. "You couldn't have forgotten about me, now could you, Kakashi?"

Kakashi's eyes widened at the sight of his former teammate. "Obito." He whispered under his breath as Tobi removed his mask. Obito grinned at Kakashi as he jumped down from a tree. "Yo." Obito casually said.

"You weren't there during Sakura's desperate moments." Obito said. "I know." Kakashi grimly answered. "You weren't there when she needed you the most." "I know." "You weren't there when she was down on her knees." "I know." "You unknowingly shoved her in her teammates' shadows." "I know."

"That's why, for the last time, I'll protect her with my life." Kakashi confidently said as his Sharingan spun dangerously. "Kamui!" Kakashi shouted, making Kabuto's and Obito's eyes widen. In a blink of an eye, Kakashi appeared in front of Kabuto with a Chidori at hand. He pushed the Chidori through Kabuto's left eye, sending him flying through trees.

Kakashi fell on his knees as he panted and lied a hand on his Sharingan. Obito appeared before him just as a paper bomb got off right where Kakashi once was. "I never knew you could do that." Obito said amusement present in his voice as they appeared a few feet away from the explosion. "Have to try." Kakashi weakly answered with a smile.

"I have a favor to ask of you." Kakashi said, making Obito smile. "Ask away." Obito said. "Take your team mate and the children to a safer place." Kakashi stated, making Obito's eyes widen. "You're too idiotic for your own good." Obito said, shaking his head in defeat.

"I'll be back as someone you barely know." Obito stated, disappearing into thin air. Kakashi stared at Kabuto's unmoving body from a few meters away. His eyes widened when Kabuto's body disappeared from his sight. In a blink of an eye he felt strong wind blow. He turned and saw Itachi deflect Kabuto's chakra scalpel with a kunai.

"Hn. Sakura's request." Itachi monotonously said, not even looking at Kakashi. Itachi's eyes widened as he saw Kabuto's face. Right where the Chidori hit him are scales that of a snake.

____________________________

Sakura ran deeper into the woods, desperately looking for the members of the Akatsuki.

She sent another wave of chakra and a vision hit her.

The members of the Akatsuki shouted in agony as their cells are slowly and painfully replaced by wood. 'Please stop.' Sakura thought as her sight became blurry with tears. 'Stop.' the Akatsuki cried blood as the wood enters their eyes. They gasped for air, the wood slowly eating away their air sacs. They remained unmoving the moment their heart became unbeating.

"STOP!" Sakura shouted as her eyes cried a river of tears and soon, her locks became white. She fell on her knees, panting as she gripped her white hair in pain woth her eyes shut tightly.

Sakura's panting soon subsided and she knelt there unmoving. "Kai." Sakura monotonously said as she touched the ground. The area shined a light blue hue, soon pillars of light were seen. One by one, the trees surrounding her vanished, there appeared the wooden bodies of the Akatsuki and the wooden bodies of the shinobi from the Hidden leaf village including team Taka. The Anbus' bodies dispersed into thin air within the village.

Sakura performed a handsign, still sending a wave of chakra in an unbelievable area. "I perform to heal. I fight to protect." Sakura whispered. A few moments later, the blue hue turned into a gentle green, one by one the wooden bodies regained their cells. It took Sakura five minutes to finish.

Sakura stood with an enraged look and ran towards where Kabuto was once at. Her white locks dancing into the wind as she ran. "You dare toy with life. You'll pay for what you have done." She whispered.
________________________

Itachi and Kakashi turned as pillars of light entered their sight. 'Sakura.' Itachi thought as he dodged Kabuto's attacks.

Both men's eyes widened when Sakura along with the bodies of the Akatsuki appeared before them. Sakura aided the Akatsuki and lied them beside Kakashi. "Please take care of them while I'm away." Sakura stated. "Sakura, your hair." Kakashi said with wide eyes. "I'm fine." She answered, smiling at him. "Itachi. Please, turn down. This is my fight." Sakura said, stepping into the battle field. Itachi nodded and walked back as Kabuto smirked at them. For one last look, Sakura smiled as she took in the peaceful image of her family.

To Be Continued...