Chapter 46: Agree With The Operation

With that, Sakura proceeded on healing the wound Kakashi inflicted on her. Not enough to heal it completely. She left a scar. "You had enough chakra to heal it completely." Kisame said, raising an eyebrow. "It'll serve as a memory of a mistake. A mistake of killing and a mistake of being nearly killed." Sakura said, smiling as she closed her eyes. Her eyes snapped open when she felt a stinging pain on her forehead. Kisame flicked her forehead. "You shouldn't keep yourself drowned in your mistakes. Swim away from it and learn from it." He said, grinning. Sakura smiled at him. 'To think that he'd say something like that.' Sakura thought.

Sakura was left alone in the room again. A few seconds later, a knock was heard. "Come in." Sakura said. The door opened to reveal Hidan. "The sh**ty leader told me to bring you somewhere." Hidan said, annoyed. With that, Sakura stood up with Hidan wrapping his arm around her waist for support.

A few turns later, they reached a dungeon. "I never knew we had a dungeon. I should go for another adventure." Sakura said, amused. "No sh**tsherlock. You f**king had ten of us cooperate to f**king look for you." Hidan said, glaring at me.

"There he is. You should go f**king talk to him. He hasn't said a single word since he f**king got here." Hidan said. Sakura looked towards where Hidan is pointing. Her eyes widened when she saw Naruto chained up on the wall, looking lifeless but fine, no wounds, no anything, no sign of tortures. "I'll f**king leave you ret**ds be." Hidan said, walking out of the dungeon.

"Naruto." Sakura sternly said. Naruto made no signs of hearing her. "Naruto, I want to know why the Konoha is desperately trying to kill me." Sakura said, sitting in front of Naruto's chained figure. "Kabuto." Naruto whispered. "He's controlling the village with his new jutsu." Naruto said. He looked up at Sakura with the same eyes he had before Sakura left the village. Those determined eyes he had when they were still in the same team. "You have to defeat him, Sakura-chan! He's desperately trying to kill you because only you can defeat him!" Naruto said, his voice rising. "He can't control you with your strong will." He continued. "He lost control over me the moment Pein and the others caught me." Naruto said.

Sakura's eyes widened at this. "The village, for the past few months have been controlled by Kabuto?" Sakura asked, trying to take in every little detail Naruto told her. "Naruto. Only your bijuu is needed for this operation. I haven't informed Pein-sama yet but this is the only way I can think of possibly defeating Kabuto." Sakura said, looking right into Naruto's eyes.

"You don't need to inform me. I'm already one step ahead of you." Pein said, walking towards them with Sasori and Deidara by his side. Deidara unlocked Naruto's chains. Sasori pulled out a scroll and unrolled it. "I prepared a simple extraction jutsu. It should last for 2 weeks." Pein said. "It's going to be painful but it's going to be worth it." Sasori said.

"Yeah but, why do you need the nine tailed fox for this?" Naruto asked. "The nine tailed fox will serve as a chakra reservoir and defense in this operation. The jutsu Kabuto did should be permanent unless the user dies. But the nine tailed fox made that temporary because of the huge amount of chakra it has." Pein said.

"Wouldn't the kyuubi, being a chakra reservoir and a defense, be risky? The more chakra we take, the lesser defense we will have against the jutsu, un." Deidara asked. "Brat, we talked about this for so long how can you still not get it?" Sasori asked, glaring at Deidara. "We have the tailless tailed beast with us. We'll be more than fine." Sakura said grinning. "All you have to do is to get the nine tailed fox to agree on this operation." Pein told Naruto.

"Why are you so enthusiastic about this operation? Why are you talking to me like I'm your ally?" Naruto asked, glaring at them. "Right now, you are our ally. We can't sit pretty and watch him try to harm an Akatsuki member. His deeds are blocking our path onto getting all the tailed beasts." Pein sternly said, giving Naruto a hard look. "Hidan." Pein called out. With that, Hidan entered. "What?" Hidan rudely asked. "Take Naruto to his temporary room. You have until Sakura's wounds heal." Pein said as they walk away.

To Be Continued...