For the Love of Paisleywood

{Carries POV} {present day}

I walked onto the stage with Brad. The audience was staring at us. I was on maybe my twelfth dress change. We were doing our swine flu skit. "Brad" I said in a pouty voice sticking out my bottom "I don't feel so good, will you feel me and tell me if I'm hot".

He raised an eyebrow and shot a look to his wife Kim in the audience. She smiled but looked a bit annoyed. "Well I don't know Carrie, I'd have to check with Kim" he said smiling. His amazing brown eyes looked back into mine. "I think it might be the swine fluuuuuu, got a fever of a hundred and two. to bad I don't qualify for that vaccine" I sang. The audience died of laughter and Brad let out a chuckle to. "Okay well the next award is for best female vocalist and my co-host here is nominated" Brad said. I smiled and went and sat in the audience with Mike.

"And the winner is................... Carrie Underwood" Faith announced. I handed Mike my clutch and hugged him before I walked on stage. I took the award and gave my speech. I looked out in the audience but I wasn't looking at Mike I was looking at Brad. His sweet smile relaxed me as I walked off the stage as gracefully as I could.

The show was over and I went back to my dressing room. There was a light nock at the door. I was going to yell come in but the person was already walking in. It was Brad? "Hey Brad" I said quizzically. He was holding something behind his back. "Hey Care I just wanted to congratulate you on your awards so I got you some flowers" he said stepping towards me and pulling a bouquet of daisies. Awe my favorite flowers. I smiled ear to ear and took them then hugged him. He pulled back and looked at me.

He leaned in ever so slowly and kissed me. I felt light headed and weak in the knees. He looked at me after he pulled away. "Carrie I'm so sorry. That shouldn't have happened. I- I gotta go" he said running out. Miranda came in. "What was that all about" she asked seeing Brad rush out. "I don't really know" I said collapsing into Miranda's shoulder. "Carrie what's wrong" she asked with worry thick in her voice.

She picked me up by my shoulders and looked me dead in the eye. "What happened" she asked. "It was Brad he came in with flowers and congratulated me and then and then" I said " and then he kissed me, Ran he kissed me" I said looking up at Miranda finally. Miranda looked at the ground then back up at me. "Carrie I'm not surprised" she said. "What" asked a bit shocked. What did she mean?

"Carrie I saw the way Brad looked at you, it's the same way Luke looked at Caroline" she said. "Miranda" I said "we're both married but when he kissed me I honestly didn't want to stop" I said. "Carrie you gotta do something about it if you really love him" she said. I got up and ran out the door. I knew where Brad was. I ran out the back door to the back parking lot. "Brad" yelled as I came up behind him. He spun around and I grabbed him by his belt loops and pull home close and whispered "don't stop" then kissed him. He put his hands on the small of my back and pulled my body closer to his. It was perfection.