Chapter 13- What Do I want?

"April can you go get the popcorn?" Janessa asked.

I nodded and made my way over to her kitchen cabinet, where I pulled out three large packets of microwave popcorn. After heating them all up I poured them into bowls and set them on a tray, carrying it back to the living room. Janessa had planned a Friday-night-movie-night, and wanted everything perfect. During the day she had invited me over to her house after school to help her set up for our hangout. Everybody would be there from Janessa's group of friends, and I was excited to see them again. They were a nice group, they weren't popular, but I still loved spending time with them.

After I heard the doorbell ring Janessa scurried to her feet to let the guests in. One-by-one Jace, Jacob, Isaac, Hailey, and Harry all stumbled into the house dropping their coats on the railing, and joining me on the couch. "So what movie are we watching?" Jace said as he hooked his arm around my shoulders playfully. I reached my hand up and swiped his arm off and gave him a playful glare.

"Mean Girls?" Janessa asked.

All the girls smiled and cheered for the movie, but the boys just groaned, obviously annoyed with our choice.

After minuets of fighting between the boys and girls, regarding movie choices, Mean Girls had finally won. Janessa placed the disk into the player and sat back down with the rest of us.

As the night drew on, practically everybody was asleep. Jace's head had fallen onto my lap where he was snoring, and Janessa had fallen to the floor, where her body lay sprawled out. I looked around me to see if anybody else had made it through the fourth movie of the night, and sure enough one curly haired boy had. He nods his head in the direction of the stairs as if saying 'let’s go upstairs, and talk so we don't wake them'. I nodded and followed him up the stairs until we reached an open living area.

"Hey" Harry said quietly, stalking closer to me and took a seat on the couch. I joined him, but kept some distance between us. He chuckled. "I don't bite."

"Sorry" I laughed.

The room fell silent, and the atmosphere around us changed to a more serious air. I didn't quite understand what was going on until Harry spoke up.

"You should stay away from Edward."

I did not know how to process this, I had been warned of this before but I had ignored the warnings. I was not some fragile girl that needed to be protected from men. I was not some weakling that couldn't fight her own battles. I was a strong woman- at least that is what I'd lead myself to think.

There was something about Edward that I could never understand. He was so mysterious, dark and dangerous. But that is what drew me to him. He had me wrapped around his fingers and I hated that.  Coming from Harry, Edwards brother I should probably take his advice. But I probably won't.

"Why" my question came out angrier than I had planned it to be. Gosh, now he will think you're a b*tch.

"He's not who you think he is" he said. When I stayed silent he took it as a key to continue. "He's a self centered jerk, he plays games and you can never win them"

I gazed up his frame and looked into his eyes. The same colour as Edward's eyes. They were different from Marcel's. Marcel's were so much more intriguing, with a brighter mossy shade, and a dark ring around the iris. But Harry's eyes almost looked... broken. He looked like he hadn't slept for days, he looked stressed and irritated.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He gave me a questioning look, like he didn't understand me. "I'm fine" he rushed out.

We sat in silence for a while until I decided to speak up. "Well I should probably go back downstairs to check on the others." Knowing that they are fine, and don’t need me to check on them.

Harry pulled my arm and turned me to face him. I stood looking at him, waiting for him to speak. He rubbed his hand down his face, and then looked up at me “If you won’t stay away from him, then please be careful.”

I nodded my head in response and walked down the stairs, and out the house. Hoping into my car and driving down the street.

***

I sat at the lunch table with Janessa and Jace. Everyone else in our group was absent today, probably decided to ditch together. We were sitting at our usual table close to the back of the cafeteria. After taking a bite from my sandwich I gazed around the room, not sure what I was looking for. My eyes landed on Edward, who seemed to be in deep conversation with a boy. When the boy turned around I saw that it was Tyson.

What could he be doing talking to Edward?

I saw Edward swiftly nod before exiting the large room with Tyson behind him. Tyson turned around looking around the room before his eyes landed on me. With that he continued on his way out.

What?

“April, are you done?” I hear Janessa’s voice over my loud thoughts.

“Yeah” I say quietly.

We all stand up and place our trays above the garbage bin before exiting the cafeteria. We walk down the halls and split up to go into our own classes.

“See you later babe” Jace says before tossing a wink in my direction.

Janessa has already disappeared into her next class, leaving me to stroll down the halls by myself. I hear the sound of heavy footprints behind me in the empty hall, causing my heart beat to speed up. When I turn to look over my shoulder nobody is there, and I sigh in content. I turn down another hallway and speed up my steps, when all of a sudden I am tossed into a locker on my left side. I look up to meet eyes with my challenger, but instead meet the dark green eyes, and black ink of Edward.

“Where do you think you’re going princess?” His voice rasps as his face draws closer to mine.

My hands react before my head and I push him away harshly. “I though you didn’t want me?” I whimper. Gosh April you sound pathetic. “I mean, I thought you were in only for the chase” I say much stronger than before.

“I could never do that April, you mean so much to me” he says quietly before nipping slightly at my ear.

And the saddest thing about this situation was I actually believed him.

*****

Hey please check out Diana. It would mean so much to me. 

Vote 

Comment

Fan

ILY all