Chapter 5- Frustrated

Flicking on the light switch in my room, I lied Marcel down on my bed. With a slight huff he shuffled into a new position he found comfortable. He hadn't met eyes with me yet and I was assuming that he was trying really hard not to. I sat down on the bed next to him with a slight bounce. He twitched and I almost giggled to myself at him trying to resist the eye contact.

I lifted his chin with my left two fingers and his piercing green orbs met with mine. In just that tiny movement I felt the heat in my stomach rise and do a flip. It was something I couldn't explain that him and only him could do to me.

"Marcel" I said in something barely over a whisper. Our eyes still connected and I moved closer to him. The close proximity to him made my breath hitch. No boy has ever made me feel this.

I went to remove his broken glasses but he whimpered and slid back. My heart broke seeing him like this.

"I won't hurt you" I leaned in closer to him.

"You already have" his voice cracked near the end of those words and my heart wrenched.

I reached out and slowly slid down his glasses, making sure to be careful and not cut him by the broken glass of the lenses.

"April" he asked quietly. "Why are you helping me?"

That's a good question. Why was I helping him?

I'm not sure how to answer that one.

"I-I um" I stuttered out sounding nervous as hell. But in all honesty I was nervous. He made me nervous.

"I saw you hurt and it was cold outside, and I though you may need some help." I said trying to sound nonchalant but I couldn't.

He frowned and spoke again. "But why? Most people would leave me or beat me up" hearing him say that brought tears to my eyes but I blinked them back trying to stay confident and show no emotion. " Why did you help me?"

"Because I hate seeing you like that. I don't want you to be hurt or left out. Because I care about you Marcel"

The shock that filled his face next was amazing. Had nobody ever told him that before that this was a surprise for him? Somebody must have.

"Y-you care for me?" He smiled. His smile was breathtaking and I smiled also just because he was.

But then my smile faded when I realized that I can't have this kind of relationship with him. What would Edward think?

I got off and went to my bathroom in search of the first aid kit. Mostly I wanted to escape the tension in the air between us, but getting him what he needs also was important.

Fishing around in the medicine cabinet I pulled out a small container with a red cross across the lid. I opened it and pulled out a long bandage and some alcohol spray. 

I walked back into the room where Marcel was still sitting upon my turquoise comforter. I set down the products in my hands and rolled up Marcel's sleeves to reveal a large scrape on his elbow. "What happened?" I gasped. It wasn't bleeding anymore but the amount of dried blood that covered his soft, tender skin shocked me.

"I fell"

"I'm sorry Marcel, really."

"As long as you're not hurt" he muttered under his breath thinking I didn't hear him. What was that supposed to mean?

I shook away my thoughts and I took out a soft cotton puff and dabbed at his swollen arm with some alcohol. He hissed silently and I could tell he was in pain. I hated to see him like this.