Chapter 17- Drunken Hearts

"Janessa?" I asked her from the outside of the washroom door.

"Yes?" Her muffled voice asked.

"Hurry up; I have to do my makeup!" I groaned. She has been in the bathroom for the past twenty minutes, and I really had to pee, as well as finish my makeup.

"Hold on a second, I'm coming out!"

I waited anxiously and leaned my head against the wall next to the door. When I heard the click of the door unlocking I snapped my head to the side and stood up strait. I saw Janessa emerge from the bathroom with her brown locks in loose curls. She looked gorgeous with her ripped tights and black mini dress. I had helped her pick out some clothes from my closet, telling her to go for a more edgy look. We were both getting ready for the party at Tyson's house tonight.

She flashed me a huge smile and squealed "I never thought I could look this hot" she gaped as she made a sizzling sound with her scarlet lips as she brought a finger to her body.

I chuckled and pushed past her into the bathroom turning around and closing the door behind me. I really needed to pee.

I left my hair in its natural messy blonde waves, normally I would straiten my hair, but I found that the waves looked especially good today. I ran my fingers through my hair messing it up a little before starting on my makeup. I applied thick mascara to my upper and lower lashes then took out my shadow palette and created a Smokey eye effect on both eyes. Then for my finishing touches I applied some light pink lipstick and a little shimmer powder.

I stepped out of the bathroom and Janessa smiled at me. "We both look so hot!" She exclaimed excitedly.

I raked through my closet hoping to find something appropriate to wear.  I found a short white dress with lace at the torso. I slipped it on over my head and grabbed a pair of black heels. "Jace just texted me saying their here" Janessa said. We both made our way down the stairs and into Harry's car.

***

"Harry, stop this is the house!" I heard Janessa giggle. She was sitting up front with Harry, as he drove us to the party house. I was seated at the back with Jace.

Issac had told us he would drive the rest of our group to the party, and we would meet them there.

I stepped out of the car and Jace slung his hand over my shoulder. I knew he was doing it as a friendly action. We were close friends, nothing more. Besides, I had a boyfriend, and Jace knew that.

We had to walk a few blocks to get to the house, considering there were vehicles parked at every available spot. My feet were already aching in these heels but I decided to stick it out for the night. My feet will ache tomorrow that’s for sure.

We stepped up onto the front path leading to Tyson’s house. A nervous feeling washed over me, I didn’t know what it was exactly, but I didn’t like it.

Jace held the door for us as we stepped through. Blaring music filled the atmosphere and bright lights made it difficult to see where I was going. People were everywhere! A large group were huddled together in a corner closest to the washroom. They appeared to be just having a casual conversation, while most of them held alcohol bottles in their hands. The furniture was cleared from the centre of the large room we were standing in –which I guessed was the living room- and was pushed to the sides, against the walls.