Chapter 15- Stomach's Tied In Knots

Chapter 15- Stomachs's Tied In Knots

*****

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groan and roll over to my side swatting at my alarm at the side of my bed. Instead of smacking my intended target I smacked something soft and fluffy, and heard a yelp. "Oh Buddy!" I screeched pulling my fluff ball closer to me and kissing him. He just relaxed in my grip and licked my hand. I leaned over and pressed ‘snooze’ on my alarm hoping for more time to lay at peace before the dreaded Monday morning light shines through my window.

But I spoke too soon; fate is surely not on my side lately. The light slowly started to pool into my room and my fluffy puppy barked and hoped off my bed following the sound of smashing pots and pans downstairs. My mom and dad must be home now. Right when I closed my eyes to relax my alarm went off again.

Isn’t this just the best morning ever?

I stand to my feet and walk over to my closet, pulling open the doors and stepping in. I scan the shelves of clothing in search of something to wear. I see a pair of black leggings and an oversized white cardigan. Slipping on the articles of clothing I look for some shoes and accessories to wear. Without any success I pull out my pair of combat boots and a bandana. These were my go-to items when I needed to dress up my outfit.

After applying light makeup and brushing my teeth I check the clock and notice I’m going to be late if I waste any more time. I sprint down my staircase and run to the kitchen where I grab a muffin and an orange from the counter. I see that my mom is sitting on the couch in the living area and my dad is enjoying a steaming cup of coffee at the dining table. I smile at finally seeing them after many days.

I walk to the door after saying goodbye to both of them and grab my keys and step into my sleek black Camaro. My family wasn’t loaded with money, like most people presume, we were just good at saving money and my parents both had steady jobs in business.

***

I arrived at school with moments to spare. I sprinted down the mostly empty halls and made it to my locker in record timing. After shoveling my bag into my locker and grabbing my books I made my way to my algebra class quickly.

Just when I had arrived at the classroom door had I realized that this was the class I shared with Marcel. I felt something inside of me shatter and I stopped to collect myself before entering and seeing his beautiful face. I took a breath and walked into the class. All eyes fell on my but I ignored their annoying stares and made my way to my seat, which happens to be next to Marcel.

"Okay take out your notebooks and copy the notes on the board" I hear Mr. Avery say.

I mindlessly write down the notes and out of the corner of my eye I see Marcel gazing at me. I turn my head an inch to his direction and his head snaps back to his notebook.

For most of the class I catch Marcel looking at me but I try my hardest to ignore him. I try to keep to myself, but with his green-eyed- gaze burning a hole in the side of my head it is very difficult.

I feel terrible for going behind Marcel’s back and dating his brother, and going against what Harry said. I feel that they are the ones trying to look out for me but all I’m doing is shutting them out.

I don’t know what he’s feeling right now, he is just giving me a blank stare, but I hope he doesn’t know about me and Edward. When he looks away I see that his notebook is filled with notes and scribbles, I hadn’t even noticed class was still going on until now. I had been so distracted thinking about Edward and Marcel and his burning gaze.

I look over at Marcel and his eyes meet mine. His eyes look at me adorningly and the look is too overwhelming. When the bell rings moments later I grab my books and rush out of the classroom in search of Edward. Maybe he can relive some stress that I have.

I roam the halls not bothering to go to my second period. I know Edward ditches second period so this is my chance to find him. The halls are clearing out and students are scrambling into classrooms before the late bell rings. I make my way over to Ed’s locker in hopes that he will be there. I see his locker in view and I continue walking towards it, but I don’t see him anywhere in site. Where could he be?

I hear noise coming from the end of the hall past his locker so I continue to make my way there, passing the locker I hoped he would be waiting at. When I got to the end of the hall I stopped and poked my head around the corner. I saw a large frame wearing a football jacket that said ‘Yorks’across the back. I immediately knew who it was. Tyson Yorks. He seemed to be having a conversation with somebody, but I couldn’t see who.

"Keep it up, only a few more days" I heard Tyson say. The other person didn’t reply.

I saw Tyson move to turn around so I ran back down the hall finding a janitors closet to hide in, so he wouldn’t know I was eavesdropping. After I heard two pairs of footsteps disappear down the hall I exited the closet and walked down the hall, still searching for Edward.

A pair of hands gripped my waist and pulled me close to their rock hard body. I yelped in surprise but was rewarded with a dark chuckle coming from the person behind me. I spun around to see it was only Edward and I chuckled too.

"Where were you?" He asked

"In the janitor’s closet" I laugh. He stops smiling and his face become serious. He grabs my hand making me stay in a close proximity to him.

"Why?" his voice is sharp and curious.

"Because I heard Tyson talking to somebody and didn’t want him to know I was listening" I smile, trying to erase the frown on his face.

His grip tightens around my wrist and pain shoots through my body. "Ouch" I whimper.

He ignored my protests for him to let me go and a deep growl erupted from the back of his throat. Normally I would think a sound like that is sexy, but not when it’s directed at me. "What did you hear" he seethes through his gritted teeth.

"N-nothing" I stutter. The pain in my wrist is now spreading through my arm. I’m trying to ignore the ache but it is quickly becoming too much.

He harshly throws my arms away from him and steps back from me "stay away from him, got it?" His voice is stern.

"Yes" I say. Grabbing my arm where a large red mark is spreading. This will most likely turn into a bruise.

"Good" his voice hold no emotion

He storms off down the hall, turning the corner and not looking back at me.

What did I do wrong?

*****

Thank you all please keep voting and commenting ily all

please check out diana.

comment

vote

fan

:)