Chapter 19

___'S POV:

You were sick of that man. He always denied your questions, he always made up some dumb excuse to get you to leave him, what was his deal? Corporal Levi had a heart of stone, or, at least that's what it seemed like. You just wanted him to show his emotions like a regular human being, not like a robot with that monotone voice and dull reactions. 

You left his tiny ass back there and headed to upstairs. There was nothing to do. You had been here for what seemed like years, even though it's been like 5 days at max. Eren later joined you for a conversation. 

"___, do you want to leave Corporal Levi here? Like, you and I sneak off and go back to headquarters? Of course, if he leaves some time today, we'll leave with him. But, if he doesn't, we'll find some way home."

All you could do was look at him, dumbfounded. 

"Eren, how could you be so fucking stupid? Tell me, do you believe that you, Eren Jaeger, and I, ___ ___, are capable of surviving out there? We need Corporal Levi to protect us out there. Without him, we're good as dead. And I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but why don't you try using that small brain of yours to think rationally?"

With a deep sigh, you stood up and walked back to Levi. You gave him some time to calm down if that's what he wanted. Step by step, you made your way to the room, pondering what actions he had taken since you had left.

Surprisingly, he was not cleaning anything. In fact, he was staring out the window. He looked tranquil and calm but kept a straight face at the same. How is that even possible? He was a man of few words. You didn't know much about his past life, other than a few irrelevant details like his mother passed away and he had to fend for himself. You knocked on the wall again, stirring him from his thoughts.

"Corporal, can I talk to you? There are a few things I would like to discuss." 

He slowly faced you, with dull eyes. His body remained the same, still facing the window. 

"Hmm?" he purred, the chills running down your spine. He truly was a man of few words.

You took that as your invitation to walk into the room and sit on the chair. You immediately placed your hands on the table and held them together. You weren't sure what he would do next.

Surprisingly, he walked towards the other chair and sat. He wasn't wearing his jacket, just a white button-up and rolled up sleeves. His eyes found yours and you felt his gaze all the way to the back of your head. Just like you, he clasped his hands together and placed them on top of the table.

"Miss (l/n), what would you like to discuss?" 

For once, he spoke in a soft voice and there was no trace of an authoritative voice. It was almost a dream to have him portray himself to your level and be humble. No superiority, just a cadet to another cadet. Because aren't we just that? Cadets, who joined at different times with similar purposes?

"Well," you paused, not even sure where to begin. Your instincts brought you into this room and now you have no clue what to ask.

"I wanted to ask what's the objective for the 57th expedition? I mean, Corporal, is there a reason, in particular, we are having this expedition? Forgive me as I lack knowledge on this topic, but I want to know the purpose. It's almost a given that we will lose comrades and I would like to prevent that if we can."

He continued to sit quietly, scanning your face and eyes, looking like he needed to find a reason why you asked this. You were afraid you offended his superior's orders, as he remained quiet. Finally, he opened his mouth.

"___, expeditions are to explore the Titan territory. You swore into this branch, and one of the expectations were to participate in them. Not like you have much of a choice, anyway. However, we need to focus on reclaiming our lost territory. Do you have any other questions?"

That stupid voice was so enchanting. His voice feels like he seductively pins you down on your bed and leaves a trail of kisses on every surface of your skin. Is he even aware of how his voice can leave you speechless? 

You cleared your throat, a bit embarrassed at such a question you asked. "No Corporal. Thank you." You stood up and began to walk out of the room. However, you heard that same voice of his.

"___, we will not lose people in this expedition. Lives aren't going to be lost in vain."

You stood in your spot and softly said, "We were born to die," before leaving Corporal behind.

I graduated high school like 2-3 days ago and I'm no longer depressed (most of the time), so I have continued to write!! Tbh, i forgot the plot i was aiming for, but I'll do my best to make an even better one! If anyone reads this, thank you for remaining by my side.