38: Hollister

"Pssst....pssssst! Get up... pssst."

I felt pressure from fingers digging into my arm.

"What do you want Felix? It's too early!" I rolled over away from him hoping he would leave me alone.

"Get up or I am picking you up and taking you with me."

A minute had passed but he hadn't moved. He stood behind me rocking back and forth until I gave in. Which I did.

"What do you want?" I shot up. "You have a lot of nerve waking me up like this! It's the first three hours of sleep I have gotten without disruption from Sebastian."

"Just come with me, Katia will watch him today so don't worry; and put on your bathing suit." He stood up from my bed and walked into the next room.

It was barely 6:00 what the hell? I did as I was told however and changed into my blue bikini which had barely fit me anymore over the pregnancy, and slid my clothes back over top.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes... impatient one." I was clearly not a morning person.

Felix set his jaw ignoring my ignorance. "Alright let's go." He took my hand and led me out of the hotel door onto the busy street.

The weather was a lovely plus twelve during the dark hours of the morning, palm tree fronds rustled in the wind following us as we walked, cars surprisingly filled the streets even at this early hour.

Felix led me deeper into the streets Santa Monica, California.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" I questioned him, he was walking very calmly considering how excited he was earlier. I think he was just happy to be alone with me. It felt natural.

"Alisha can't you just trust me? I want to take you somewhere spectacular."

He gripped my hand harder and picked up the pace. We passed places like huckleberry cafe and the Swedish car shop.

"Hey look! A taste of home!" I pointed to the rugged old car shop, this building had been run down from age. Cracks covered every wall until it. was a wonder that still up and running. Only the name if it had any significance but it still pleased me to see the Swedish flag all the way in Cali.

He laughed at my comment.

"We are almost there see?" He pointed to the street sign below the street light fixtures.

"Hollister road?"

"Yes, just listen."

He made his way behind me holding my waist and we closed our eyes.

"Ocean." The sounds of wave lapping hard against the sand was completely overwhelming and soothing. "This is amazing!"

The sun had begun to rise in the distance, shades of light blue, pink, and orange bled into the sky reflecting in the water. The familiar smell of ocean anticipated my thoughts.

"Come on! We have the entire beach to ourselves!" he waved me over as he ran straight towards the water pulling off his outer shell of clothing all over the beach before plunging into the ocean.

"Come on! It's so much warmer than Scandinavian waters!"

I stood along the beach watching him.

"You are crazy young man! I am tired, and frankly getting cold!"

"Liven up a little." He waddled his way back out of the water shivering. "Just come in its warmer in the water."

He pushed me to move faster as I removed my clothes and pulled my arm -nearly off my body it felt- into the ocean.