29: The Races

"Call Katia on your cell, Hopefully Kale can't track that." Felix instructed me as we left the house.

We all began walking down the street and as far away from the house as possible it was a death trap.

"Hello?"

"Hey Katia it's me, we need you and Daff home right now."

"What is going on you guys?" she sounded annoyed.

"Kale is tracking us; we seriously need you home right now there is a lot to explain."

I hung up the phone and we all waited for her car to turn the corner.

"What are you guys freaking out about?" she questioned. We all hopped into the back of her car and drove away.

"We cannot go back to the house; Omar found a secret room where he has computers filming us and every move we make."

"Yea!" Felix started. "he records us during the day, our voice calls from the house he knows everything about us. He must have broken some laws by now there is no way that can be legal."

"And Kat, Oscar is still alive...”

...

The car went quiet.

"You better not be lying to me."

"Were not Kat, Kale also controls what television channels we get. He programmed us to receive pre-recorded Swedish News and he must have paid our News reporter money to create a false death."

"The edited videos are all at home for you to see."

...

The car was silent... every mind was spinning out of control. Daff was gripping the edges of his seat.

"We are going back home." Katia stated. She picked up her phone and began to make arrangements for flights.

"Why? We have to stay and put Kale in jail! He is a criminal!" Omar began to yell.

"Guys, first our priority is Oscar, if he is alive he is safest along with us, not miles and miles away in Sweden where Kale could call one of his international connections and do something to him and we wouldn't even know."

Katia continued to plan our flights as the rest of us argued in the car.

"We leave first thing tomorrow morning, we luckily have direct flights." she spoke interrupting us all. Her driving was insane at this point.

"Are we going to confront Kale at all?"

"No! don't you dare! If he buggers off then we have no one to sue." Katia answered. "I want to see this computer." she stated and began to drive home.

We entered the house and guided her to the door Felix broke. Defiantly standing in this house I felt less safe. I knew a pair of eyes was constantly on me.

Katia entered the room. and sat down in front of the computer.

"He has our cell phone numbers; he knows what we look up on our phones." Katia's face was furious. Her eyes were wild, her eyebrows stood high on her face.

"Kat we have to leave with caution tomorrow. Kale cannot suspect a thing."

She turned to face me. "Alisha I don't care what that coward does or thinks anymore, he has gotten between all if us and Oscar and I am drawing the line here. If it comes to killing him I will take that chance." She was very intimidating.

Suddenly the phone began to ring. everyone, even Katia looked intimidated.

"Alisha, you have to answer it I am sorry but if it is Kale you must answer it." Daff said.

We all trickled into the living room surround the phone waiting for me to pick up.

"Hello?" I began voice weak.

"Hey Alisha! How are you?"

"I am well... How are you?"

"Oh just ecstatic! I was just making sure you were enjoying your stay here in Hollywood." I glanced over towards the hallway and the computer was flashing white light from within the room.

"OG!" I whispered. "Go save all the documents off the computer before Kale deletes them." He would have known by now that he found the secret door.

He nodded and left as I continued listening to Kale.

"So, are you all settled in?"

"...I don't know what do you think?" I said aggressively...

Katia pushed me in the stomach mouthing the words 'act normal'

"Well, I was thinking... Alisha, we should plan a breakfast outing with the whole crew at 9:30 on the dot tomorrow. What do you say?"

"Let me see if we can..."

I looked at Katia waiting for her response. She pulled out her phone and showed me our flight tickets for tomorrow. They left precisely at 9:30...on the dot.

How did that bastard know when we were leaving! I shot Katia a look and she returned me with the same one.

"We have plans already Kale I am sorry."

"Too bad, Hopefully we can reschedule... talk to you later."

He hung up the phone.

"Alisha." OG called after me "All the documents are deleted."

"Are you serious?" my look of defeat getting to everyone.

"Don't worry about it guys. First we are going to find Oscar. Katia assured us.

*.*.*.*

The next day we headed to the airport with nothing but one change of clothes. No one was concerned about anything but Oscar.

Katia and I fumbled through all the paper work; the boys were too slow and panicking to get anything done.

"Katia, we have to hurry. What if Kale is already coming to find us?"

"I know, I am trying."

"Can I help you so we can go faster?"

Katia looked annoyed with my comment. She dropped our passports to the table and pinned me to the wall with her arm.

"You don't think I am trying to go as fast as I can? Oscar is my friend too; I would go to hell and back for him!" She glared at me with intense eyes. "How far would you go?"

I struggled beneath her arm while everyone else was quiet and still starring at us.

"I suppose we are going to hell together then." I spat out to her. Although she was an intimidating woman. I wasn't scared of her, not when it came to Oscar.

I pushed her off of my neck and she presumed passing me half the passports.

Soon we boarded the aircraft and took off.

"In a matter of a day we will see Oscar again!" I heard Felix cheer!

I knew Kale was smart; he might have connected the dots when Katia ordered tickets to Sweden. But to spare Felix's feelings I nodded and tried to be happy with him.

Katia and I both knew that Oscar might not be there. but we had to try.

The plane supported three meals for us but Katia and I couldn't eat. She and I sat beside each other in a seat planning and worrying about the outcome of the next day or so. While all the boys were behind us having a blast and celebrating.

"Don't get too excited yet." Katia told me. "I am going to be straight up with you and tell you that we still may not see him again."

"I know, but give the boys some peace of mind, let them be happy."

She nodded.

The plane lights shut off as it was time to sleep for the night.

Tomorrow, as soon as the sun reached the horizon we would land in Stockholm Sweden