20: Recalculating Routes

What the hell was that!?" I shouted in his face.

"Yea man! What were you thinking?" Felix added.

OG's hands began to shake and he sighed a large breath. "Alisha I have some interesting news for you." He began telling me.

....

"Well tell me? What the hell kind if trouble did you get me into?

He just sat speechless with his shaking hands covering his mouth.

"Can you explain to me what just happened?" I frantically asked him.

He looked up towards me and a smile crept along his face

"The World Of Dance Company has offered you a contact with them to create a dance group and join them on their international tour as a special guest." his eyes began to tear up from excitement.

"... You're lying!"

"I lie not! They want to fly you out there as soon as possible, everything paid for." he told me. I sat back in my seat. tossed my phone on my lap and began to think.

"Could you believe the wild crowds that would be there? You would become famous!"

"Yeaa!" Omar agreed. "Oscar and you would become one of those famous couples that are on the covers of magazines."

"I'm not going..."

"Why not"? All the boys chimed together at once.

"If I go then I leave you behind, were all a family, you are all I have. I can't do that to you."

The room became still, silence filled the room until you could only hear the train reefing against the track.

OG had his head resting in his hands; he stared long and hard at the wall across him until his head began to nod. He was brewing some idea; I knew that much about him.

"Excuse me." he broke the silence and walked to the cabin next to us where Daff, Sofia, and the other staff were sitting.

The rest of us sat in our cabin looking out the window as if nothing ever happened. We were all too shocked of happiness, sadness and straight up confusion to express what we were feeling.

"Daff, vi måste prata."

"Vad är det?"

"Alisha har möjlighet att flytta till USA för ett danskontrakt och vi kan gå med henne. Vill du tillåta det?"

Some time passed of pure silence and Oscar's eyes parted from the window and joined my gaze. We both heard OG talking to Daff in the room across. He was speaking something of Swedish tongue that I couldn't quite understand.

"What is he saying?" I whispered to Felix.

Oscar began to translate before Felix had the chance to begin. "Huge opportunity.... For Alisha in the USA with the World of Dance....Emm...Something about California."

Oscar’s eyes grew to perfect circles with shock. He rubbed away his face hard with the palms of his hands and stood up to kiss me.

"Alisha... I love you."

"Hey hey hey!" I told him reminding him to back off of me being mindful that Felix was in the room.

He sat back down in his chair, The boys faces were frozen in shock just as mine was.

"Am I the only one that doesn't understand what is going on here?" I asked.

OG walked back into our room with the largest grin across his face.

"Well, Alisha you are going to the World of Dance."

"...And how do you figure that?" I asked him.

"Because, you get to go with the opportunity of joining a dance group."

"And we are going to be your dance group!" Omar interrupted him. "We don't have to ever be apart!"

"Plus we can introduce The Fooo to America." Felix smiled.

"Daff said it's a good idea!" OG started. "He really thinks this is a great opportunity for you and the band."

"That's who was on the phone?"

"Yes, the manager of World Of Dance called and I guess they want to bring you to America to join the dance movement."

"Wow this is so exciting!" I squeezed at the top of my lungs. "When do we leave?"

"Daff is on the phone right now discussing plans for when we can travel." OG replied. "We should know within the hour."

"Eyyo! That is so exciting! “Felix shouted.

"I can't wait to be in California!" I told him. "It has to be the most beautiful place on earth!"

"Yes!" he responded, his eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. "I cannot wait to see Americans!" We all began to laugh historically at his silly comment.

We all sat back and began talking about all the things we were going to do in California once we were there. Until I noticed Oscar looking out the window refusing to join us in our over excited conversation.

"We will make sure to stop at the Spaghetti Factory right Oscar?"

He looked back at me and nodded with the most fake smile you could possibly imagine. I didn't understand what got into him.

"I am going to go ask Daff what is going on!" Omar announced and left the room.

Felix, OG, and I all held hands and listened carefully.

"Vad sa de Daff?"

"Berätta för resten av besättningen att packa sina väskor, är det dags att göra vår flytta!"

Their conversation went quiet and excited footsteps entered our room with the door to our cabin snapping open.

"Grab your bags everyone, we are getting in the plane tonight!"

"What? so soon!?" I questioned, but nothing in Omar's eyes said that he was joking.

"I am dead serious, let’s get a move on! Our flight leaves in four hours from Nörkoping to London and then to California!"

"When do we get off the train?" OG asked.

"The next stop, we must hurry if we are to get off the train on time!"

The boys and I began running around the cabin like chickens with their head chopped off. passing shoes, changing clothes, packing luggage and carryon bags for the plane.

OG changed into his WOD sweater. He and I were the mist excited to leave.

"Guys, this is going to be a life changing experience, and I am glad to share it with you." I announced. We all shared a group hug and waited for our stop to come.

Eventually the doors opened for us to exit the train, everyone hopped off except for Oscar.

"Come on! Let’s go, we are going to be late!" I shouted at him encouragingly.

"No, this isn't how it is supposed to be."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I'm not ready to leave Sweden; this is our home not America."

"Do you have to start this now Oscar? Please can we just go?"

"We never really had time to talk about this Alisha."

"Will you please do this for me?" I begged.

He stood at the train door shaking his head no, and avoiding looking me straight in the eyes. I knew he couldn't handle the pain that would bring him.

I ran back to the entrance of the train and pulled his belt hoops towards me.

"Come on! This is for you too; this is a healthy change for us."

He leaned down and kissed my lips but I could tell he wasn't as enthusiastic when we touched. He moaned loudly in disapproval.

"This isn't how it is supposed to be." He tried to reason with me.

The door bells began to chime signifying that the doors were about to close. Oscar was still refusing to leave the train.

"Oscar the train is going to leave...I can't leave without you...”

The machinery began to shift to ready the train to leave the station. We were running out if time.

I frantically took hold of his shirt trying to pull him off the train; Tears escaped my eyes once I got to the chance for my brain to register what was happening. I pleaded to the point that my voice was cracking from weakness.

"Oscar please!?"