11: Orders are Orders

I woke up alone on the couch; the sun was still up so I knew that I didn't sleep for more than 2 hours. There was a hot box of food sitting on the table for me. It smelt like pizza.

I stood up and made my way to the recording room where Daff was with Oscar and...Mrs. Andersson.

"No no no I refuse to allow this!" Mrs. Andersson says. "She is too young and cannot leave this city without my permission."

"We promise to look after her Mrs. Andersson, we have finalized the tour and we have the capabilities to take her with us." Daff was trying to convince her but trying was pointless that woman would never budge. She never did. I don't think she even liked me. She always acted like I was a nuisance to her and nothing more than that.

I leaned against the door and it squeaked in the process. It was loud enough to get everyone's attention.

"I can't believe you have been spending time with these fools! All they do is brainwash pretty girls like you and I refuse to let them take advantage of you!" She had the most disgusted face, she grabbed my hand vigorously and she dragged me all the way out the front door, onto the train and all the way home.

As soon as we entered the house we didn't speak a word. My anger was through the roof. I stomped up to my room and began to cry. Only small people feel the need to put other people down when other people achieve their goals. This was the truth. What is Mrs. Anderson’s dream? I wondered. Other than making my life miserable.

Mrs. Andersson was sitting downstairs in front of the window with what looks like some sort of alcoholic drink.

"Hey." I began to speak and I sat next her, she didn't answer me though.

"You know we don't really talk too much, and I get it if you don't really like me; but I was wondering if I could call you something other than Mrs. Andersson. I mean it's a nice name but if we are to get closer to each other we have to be able to casually talk to each other.

"Annelie." She answered.

"Well Annelie, what do you like to do?"...she looked at me for a quick second.

"What do you want kid?"

"I think you need to get out and do something because all you do is sit here in the house to clean and wait until your Husband gets home. You need to go do something."

"Like what? It's not like I can sing or anything." she responded.

"Well, Daff has connections to a recording studio so he knows the Mix Megapol radio station. So I think you should go there and sing a song for them."

"You are crazy, I don't leave the house for crazy ideas like the ones you are trying to propose." she tried to hide a smile, I knew she lived the idea she just wanted to say in character.

"OK so I will call Daff and we will get you into the studio in a hour." and with that I left not letting her talk back to me.

Daff and I created arrangements for Annelie to sing a song on the radio and we all met up at the Mix Megapol studio

She began singing a moment later. It was an old 60's song that no one wanted to listen to, and her voice was horrible but I have never seen her more happy. After that she and I went out for supper and we began to actually bond. She was interested in the things I was into and I told her all about the boys and how they were really great. She even told me how she had a small crush on Daff.

"Thank you Alisha." she smiled.

"For what?"

"For today, I haven't had this much fun in a long time."

"Well Annelie, I hope you remember today, because that would be horrible if someone took this day away from you." She understood that I was hinting towards her letting me go with the boys on tour because that was my fun that she was trying to take away from me.

"I'll think about it Alisha." She lost her smile and we started to make our way home, not another word was exchanged.